jared sits down onto the turf and takes in the silence. (y/n) sits down next to him and holds her boyfriends hand. "this is where we first met" he breaks the silence.

"meeting you was the best thing that has ever happened to me" (y/n) looks jared in his eyes.

"you saved me" he lays his head on (y/n)'s shoulder. "i was so fucking broken when i got to detroit. but meeting you, you helped pick up my pieces and glue me back together."

"don't make this moment about me. this moment is all about you" (y/n) squeezes his hand.

..••°°°°••.. flashback to the 2021 season °°••....••°°

(y/n) is walking around ford field on her off day, when she sees the new quarterback struggling on the field. (y/n) makes her way to the field. she taps on jared's shoulder. "hey is everything okay?" (y/n) asks.

"i feel like i can't do anything right" jared turns around to reveal his tear stained face. "we just went back to la to play the rams and it sucks seeing my team do so well without me. that should be me getting praised for throwing the ball so well, not matthew stafford."

"i just want to win a football game and i can't even do that because we are currently 0 and 7. the people of detroit probably hate me" he puts his hands in his face.

(y/n) gets up onto her tip toes and takes jared's hands out of his face and she holds them in hers instead. "hey, i have grown up in detroit all my life. and i don't think anyone is mad at you. they were probably expecting a rebuild year anyways"

"you aren't disappointing anyone, ok? i will be the first one to tell you if you are. i think the problem right now is that you are sad, which is 100% ok for anyone who would be in your position. i think you need to believe in yourself before you can lead this team to where you want it to be. so take your time learning how to love yourself again. and when you are ready, everyone will be waiting to cheer you on." she continues.

"thanks for cheering me up" he pulls (y/n) into a hug, (y/n) happily hugs him back. "i never caught your name" he says as he pulls away from the hug.

"i'm (y/n), i'm shelia's daughter" (y/n) introduces herself

..••°°°°••.. end of flashback °°••....••°°

it is now the day of the playoff game. (y/n) is standing next to coach campbell as they await the final play of the game. all jared needs to do is to throw the ball for a first down and then they can take a knee and win their first playoff game in 32 years. (y/n) holds her breath, nervous for what is about to happen. she looks on the field and can see that jared is nervous out there.

"coach, i don't mean to tell you how to do your job but can you call a timeout? i need to talk to jared so that he can win this game for us." (y/n) says. coach campbell nods his head and does the signal for a timeout. jared runs off the field and runs toward (y/n), who has now made her way onto the field.

"you listen to me jared thomas goff. you tune out all of the voices and everyone else. it's just you and your offense out there. you have thrown a football in ford field countless amount of times, you just need to do it one more time. you find the guy that you always rely on and you throw the ball to him. you can do this. everything you have done in your life has lead up to this. i believe in you" (y/n) places her forehead on his helmet.

the referee blows the whistle and jared runs back onto the field. (y/n) makes her way back to dan campbell. she watches as frank snaps the ball perfectly to jared. the offensive line does their job giving jared time to search the field in hope of an open wide receiver. he finds amon-ra saint brown wide up. he throws the ball right into amon-ra saint browns hands.

the lions get the first down and take a few knees to end the game. after jared is all done celebrating with his team, he finds (y/n). (y/n) jumps into jared's arms and bears her face into his neck. "i always believed in you and you did it" (y/n) takes in his face before kissing him. "i'm so proud of you"

"i wouldn't have been able to do it without you" he spins they around causing (y/n) to laugh.

..••°°°°••.. instagram °°••....••°°

liked by detroitlionsnfl, alexanzalone34, and 1,450,302 others

tagged; jaredgoff

(y/n)ford: i'm proud of this guy today and everyday. i love you so much jared goff! 💙🤍

5,303 comments

jaredgoff: i love you more than you will ever know! 🫶🏻❤️

detroitlionsnfl: oh hi mom and dad! 👋🏻

user: i'm so happy for all lions fan! we have waited so long for this!

user: thank you for giving the city of detroit their first playoff win in 32 years! we will always love jared goff!

user: GO LIONS!!

..••°°°°••..°°••....••°°

hi everyone! i myself am a huge lions fan and every since they won, i have been dying to write one about jared goff. the entire game, i was just so proud of him.

anyways, i hope you enjoy this extra long one :))

- emily