Challenge #12: Writing

This is going to be on a story for a possible DnD character.

Ruby an unknown human-like creature with elf ears and dragon horns had her name and memory stolen from the Fae people. However, they could not take her talents. She had relationships with animals and nature, especially mustelids (weasels), crabs, and rabbits/hares. She did not trust adults of most species for an unknown reason. However, she adores children as they are like animals. 

Unknown to her, a child took her name and memory.

Ruby woke up feeling uneasy, again. She did not know how long she had been away from her home. The only clue to her identity is a small tattoo on her wrist that reads "Ruby." This is what she called herself as there was no other clue. The human-like being knew it had something to do with the Fae as they banished her. She had just woken up, and within a minute, they tossed her aside like she was trash. Ruby wished she knew what she did wrong, then at least maybe she could understand their behavior. 

However, all she got was "You will never belong here." Ruby had no idea what that meant. After all, she didn't believe she looked like Fae. Maybe she was a hybrid, or she was something involved with her unknown parents. What she did know was that in any human and Elf village, she went to, she got stares as if the Fae marked her.

Ruby did not understand why those two species would be acting so coldly towards her. She thought that maybe, just maybe she had some family in one of those villages but nothing. It has gotten so bad, that the leader of the village often requests for her to leave. This is why she kept to the forest. Animals don't lie. They might want to kill her, but it's for food. 

One day, Ruby discovered that she had to make a choice in order to find her name and memories; bear the burden alone and risk dying or risk trusting others again and having a chance to find the truth.