Chapter 5 - Unspoken emotions

Start from the beginning

Shruti, with a mix of teasing and annoyance, scolded me for my extended reading adventure and insisted I hop over to her room. As I reluctantly closed the pages of my beloved detective world, I made my way to Shruti's place and started to chat with her about going to work together. She was advising me to get ready quickly if I don't want to get late. Realisation dawned upon me, reminding me that it was Monday. I sprinted towards my room quickly.

After showering and getting ready I looked for my belongings to get to my office with very less time in my hand. Shruti went downstairs for some work, and I went to the balcony towards my book to take it with me. But, when I opened it, I got the shock of my life. So many pages were torn, and my favorite book was a complete mess. It felt really bad, and tears started forming in my eyes. I couldn't understand how this could happen. Who could do such a heartless thing? Suddenly, it clicked in my mind - it had to be that heartless guy. Anger boiled deep inside me, and I felt the emotion so strongly. But, I decided not to react right away. Instead, I made up my mind to get revenge in a way that would make him feel the same.

With revenge thoughts swirling in my mind, I marched downstairs and approached Shri to get to work. We both got separated in the way towards our respective offices. Once, I started immersing myself in my work, trying my best to distract from the strong feelings of anger. The whole situation left me upset, but I was determined to handle it in a way that would hit Akshit where it hurt the most.

In the evening, I was on my way to Home. Home sounded too close but I would be lying if I said it's not true. Once I reached home, I met aunty to let her know I was home and got to know Shri was too. I was on my way towards my room when I overheard Akshit's voice talking to Shri. They were having the classic brother-sister conversation. Akshit urgently asked Shruti to iron his shirt for a party, but Shruti initially resisted. After some pleading and a bit of typical back-and-forth, Shruti finally agreed, with a warning to be careful because it was his favorite shirt. It sounded like a regular sibling exchange.

I decided to freshen up and go to Puja Ghar and sit with aunty and dadi. After freshening up I went downstairs. There, I saw Shruti coming down with Akshit's shirt, ready to iron it. While she was in the middle of ironing, Anika aunty called her, and she left, putting the iron aside. That's when a cunning idea crossed my mind - 'what if I burnt Akshit's favorite shirt? He will know how it felt to have favourite things ruined. But what if he didn't do that? Fuck it. He should pay anyways, atleast for his behaviour towards me from the first day when I haven't done any harm to him.

I went over and placed the hot iron over the shirt, letting it burn. After a while, Akshit called out to Shruti, asking if his shirt was ready. She rushed back, and as soon as she saw the hot iron above the burnt shirt, she exclaimed, "Oh no! Main to gayi (I am done)."

Akshit, witnessing the unfortunate scene, expressed his disappointment and anger, accusing Shruti of literally burning his favorite shirt. He was showing his anger with words. Unable to resist, I stepped in and questioned Akshit, asking why he couldn't iron his own shirt and always bothered aunty and Shruti.

I then whisked Shruti away to her room, where she protested her innocence, blurting out her confusion. Suddenly, she asked, "Wait a minute. Did you do that?". Making a face of innocence I shook my head. Shruti couldn't believe it and said, "Huh, really? You two are always fighting." I replied "I am a good girl." She replied rolling her eyes, "Ofcourse you are."

Akshit's Pov

After hearing Tiara's words, I stood there dumbfounded. Confusion took over as I debated whether to be angry about my burnt shirt or Tiara's unexpected accusation. Though upset about my ruined shirt, I contemplated canceling the party. However, Aarav's reminder that the event was crucial for a particular meeting made me set my anger aside.

We were meeting Karan Ahuja. The future Owner of Ahuja&Sons. Their case is the one I was working on. Seems like any other cases but not really. Since years I was after this. After them, for more important reasons. I have met Karan years ago. Just a casual meet up. Since then we have been connected but contacted less. He was an arrogant businessman as any other. But he was far more better and smarter then most. Charming enough for women throwing themselves at him. He is important in the whole play going thus the meeting is too.

I decided to go for another shirt and called aarav to pick me up as my mood to drive was gone. On my way to the party, Tiara's words lingered, creating a sense of suspicion. Suddenly, it hit me-she was the one who burnt my shirt, not Shruti. I cursed myself for not realizing it earlier. At the party, I immersed myself in the meeting, focusing on Karan and every important details i needed and making sure he stick with us for the bigger stake. After completing the work, I returned home late.

As I entered through the main gate, I spotted Tiara heading upstairs. The memory of the shirt incident flooded back, and anger surged within me. Acting on impulse, I grabbed her arm forcefully and said inducing anger on the sentence, "Don't you dare touch my things again."

Snapping back she said, while making my suspicions true, "Don't YOU dare go around tearing my things." Jerking her hand off from my hold, she said with disgust on her face, "And never touch me again."

Reality hit me. She went towards her room. Before disappearing, she turned and declared, with a piercing gaze, anger in them, "I am here for a short period of time until i find myself a new place to stay. I will be out of here very soon. You don't need to go around doing shitty things to get me out of here. Till then LEAVE ME ALONE."

A sudden uneasiness settled in as she left me with that parting shot. With that, she vanished into her room, leaving me to grapple with realization and an uneasy feeling.

With that unsettling feeling still clawing at my insides, I reluctantly made my way towards my room. The weight of the unknown uneasiness and a feeling of guilt clung to me like a persistent shadow, casting a spell over my emotions.

᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀᳀

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗿 💗
𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝘂𝘀 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁❗❗

𝗪𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁. 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗼𝗻 𝘂𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀. 𝗣𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘃𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.
𝗪𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘂𝘀 𝗯𝘆 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀.
𝗔𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺 @pihuwrites17 𝗯𝘆 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗯𝗶𝗼 -- 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 !!!!!

𝑇𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑚𝑢𝑎ℎ❤