"I'm... I.. In love.. With a boy.. " he spoke softly his eyes raised gently waiting for his ma's reaction.

His ma's face froze for a minute, taking a minute to register what her son said. Daniel thought she might stop suddenly on the road as the car started but his ma kept the foot down keeping it moving along to the school.

"You like boys.." His ma mumbled slightly as Daniel took a gulp and nodded.

Not just any boy... He thought

His ma smiled suddenly then reaching over to her side and giving her sons head a rub, messing up his hair. He didn't care though it never looked neat anyway. Daniel let out a sigh of relief as his mouth picked up into a small smile, he knew he shouldn't have doubted his ma, he knew that she wouldn't hate him for something so... Uncontrollable? Was it controllable?

"Thanks for telling me baby, you know I love you no matter what mhm?" She said putting her two hands back on the steeling wheel.

Daniel nodded with a small smile.

"Thanks ma.." He said turning his attention back out the window, the trail of doubt leaving his body like it was never there in the first place.

"Sooo who's the special boy?" His ma cooed as she parked the car in the schools drive way.

Daniel knew nobody could hear through the car doors but his face reddened at his ma's question.

"Maaaa" he whined looking out the window quickly making sure no one was around to hear or even see him.

His ma laughed putting her hand onto hers sons cheek and stroking it tenderly before crossing her arms in front of her chest giving him a playful look.

"What are you too old to tell your poor ma who you like now" she said in a playful tone.

"I remember when you used to tell me everything about the kids you liked" she laughed softly remembering all of daniels old crushes who where mostly characters from cartons.

Daniels face reddened again with embarrassment as he remembered one of his crushes from a cartoon. He scrunched up his nose and shook his head.

"Maaa" he whined again before taking a deep breathe. Was it a good idea telling her the boy was johnny. The very boy johnny who used to beat him up with his friends. The boy that made Daniel hate moving to this place even more... Well that was before he realised, before he realised all the hate was because of love..

It didn't make sense saying it but then again it didn't make sense anyway.

"Ma...you know the boy who I made up with.." Daniels stared quietly.

His ma unfolded her arms trying to work out who Daniel was talking about.

"Uhhhh.. No.. Who? " she asked.

Daniel bit the inside of his him lightly before speaking again.

"His names. Johnny.. Johnny Lawrence" Daniel said watching his mas's face for a reaction once again.

He face flashed with something quickly, from the remeberance of that name.

She looked him up and down slowly trying to tell what was going on.

"You mean... Daniel.. You mean the boy who used to beat you up and really hurt you?" His ma replied slowly.

Daniel was about to nod. It was true but.. It wasn't like that anymore... Daniel knew the reason for it anymore.. And it wasn't like it was all Johnny's fault. His friends.. Some used to hate Daniel too but some of johnnys friends also did it. Daniel also couldn't forget sometimes he would start things to... Well maybe not start things but sorta set johnny off.