"lou, i-"

"trent, please, just think about it."

"yeah sure."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

when trent got home, all he could think about was how mali had yet again, brushed him off and he wondered if it was time to give up on his quest to get her to talk about what had happened between them, he also thought about how louisa had practically begged him to take her back.

2 weeks ago trent would have run into her open arms in an instant but now everytime his mind wandered off to louisa amalia would appear and he would forget all about the girl who had broken his heart not too long ago.

he decided if he couldn't get amalia to talk to him, he might as well distract himself with someone who wanted to. he grabbed him phone and typed in the familiar number, he took a deep breath and clicked the call button.

the phone had barely rung when trent heard a voice from the other side of the line.

"hey t, did you think about what i said earlier."

"uh, yeah i did."

"sooo?"

"i'll give you one last chance, but if you mess up this time lou, i'm done"

"i promise you this time i'll be good."

"alright."

"i'm on my way right now, you sound like you need me"

"uh yeah, thank you, i love you lou."

the second those three words came out of trent's mouth he knew it wasn't right, he didn't feel right, he felt like he had just said something disgusting and he had to brush his teeth with bleach but nevertheless he had said it, no going back now.

"yeah i'll see you soon."

she didn't even say it back.

not that trent meant it but she didn't know that, he had just told her he loved her and she couldn't even acknowledge it.