"We need to postpone the release of your song, Pierce." Matilda suggested.

"No problem with me." I looked at the progress of the song on my computer.

I only have this mini recording studio at home. Not that complete and big unlike my real working studio in the main office but just enough for me while I'll work at home.

"What happened to your talk with Liberty?"

Doon na napukaw ang atensyon ko. I removed my feet on my desk and sat properly while she remained busy with some paperwork.

"It was fine...but how did you convince her anyway?" I curiously asked.

She remained looking at her papers. "She's a friend so…"

Her answer was too simple. Tumikhim ako, I need more details.

"How did you two become friends?" I tried to maintain my monotonous voice but it came out quite excited at the end.

But she seemed too focus on her papers so I should be good.

"Hmmm...I saw her one time at your fan meeting because she accompanied her little sister."

"Really?!" So this isn't the first time that she attended a fan meeting.

My voice came out really excited this time but she still remained busy.

"But why is she acting so cold though? She looks so different when she isn't at work." And now I am intrigued as hell.

"Protocols at work. They have many strict rules at work…" Then she suddenly looked at my direction with her judging eyes.

"They are not allowed to have relationships with their clients as well nor build any sort of emotional attachment to them." Nang uuyam nitong sagot sa akin.

She put down her papers to focus on me.

"I don't like her, not my type at all." I strongly answered.

Umiwas ako ng tingin at muling tumingin sa monitor ko. I don't like her. She is pretty but that's it, she isn't my type.

"Dapat lang, I perfectly choose her cause she will never like you too."

Then she stood up from her seat, leaving me all alone on my desk.

Tsk. So what? I don't like her and it's fine if she won't like me too. She is here as a bodyguard and they are not allowed to have any kind of intimate relationship anyway. At hindi rin naman ako papatol.

Matilda left after and I tried to work on my song. I made some adjustments and changed some chord progression. A true artist knows his craft from start to finish, production to performance, just like Liberty on her own…field?

Napailing ako. I shouldn't be thinking about her.

I tried focusing again and I was able to do it until I noticed that it was already dark outside. The city lights welcomed my sight as I looked at my glass wall. Gabi na, hindi ko man lang namalayan.

I stood up and stretched my body. I'll just have my food delivered, I can cook but leaving alone made me lazy in the kitchen.

Tumawag ako ng delivery, and while I waited, I showered for a few minutes. I wore my black jogging pants and dried my hair with my towel.

Maya-maya pa ay biglang tumunog ang cellphone ko. I looked at it and it was an unknown number, and since it is an unknown number I didn't answer it. Muli itong tumunog kaya muli akong napatingin rito.

It suddenly died and a text message appeared on the screen.

Unknown number:
Good evening, Sir. This is Liberty and you have your food delivered. Nasa labas po ako ng unit niyo.