The mutts reminded Beatrice of the ones from her Games. Ugly, loud, and sharp teeth. But, the difference was, in the blonde's Games they were vultures. The bloodsucking birds would swoop down and viscously attack their victims, clawing and biting their flesh. Beatrice still had scars from them that would never go unnoticed. That was what the mark crossing her eyebrow and under her eye was from.

As the monkeys got closer, Katniss pulled an arrow through her bow and aimed to fire, but not releasing yet. Beatrice wielded them off with her scythe and stood protectively in front of Peeta.

Suddenly, one mutt jumped towards Peeta and Beatrice. Peeta swung around and slashed it with his machete. Beatrice was surprised by his quick reflexes but now was not the time to question it.

A bunch of them came charging at the group. They all fired their weapons, seemingly killing one after another.

One leaped on top of Peeta, but Beatrice swiftly chopped its head off with her scythe. She kicked the beast off of Peeta and held out a hand for him, helping him up. He squeezed her shoulder in gratitude and went back to fighting.

All that could be heard in the area was flesh being stabbed, the cries of the monkeys, and Finnick's grunts of violence. It was a horrible scene, but the Victors did what they had to do.

In the blink of an eye, Katniss turned her gaze away from the scene of the beach and looked back to the monkeys, one pouncing on her body. She was thrown underwater, only able to stop the creature from slashing her face by holding her bow to its chest.

Beatrice saw the scene with a look of horror, quickly going to rescue her ally and friend. The blonde decapitated the beast with her scythe, pulling Katniss up from her drowning state. She squeezed the brunette's shoulders tightly, giving her a rapid hug of relief. Katniss hugged her back shakily, still on edge from her near death.

Peeta broke them up, "we gotta get to the beach!" He pulled both girls by their arms, sprinting his way through the foliage.

"Finnick, c'mon!" Beatrice yelled back towards him. He saw her and gave her a quick nod, hot on her tail. They all ran away from the mutts with lightening speed.

One monkey knocked Peeta over in their way, barring its fangs in his face. Beatrice saw the look of utter fear in his expression. Without thought, she went to jump in front of him. She had almost made it when Finnick pushed her over, sending her tumbling on the ground. She faced the muscular man with dismay.

Almost as if not even there, a woman came out from the shadows of the trees and jumped in front of the baker boy. She seemingly took the fall for him, the monkey tearing into her viscously. Peeta quickly killed the mutt with his machete.

"Peeta!" Beatrice yelled and got to her feet from her spot on the ground, running to check on him. She scanned his body for injury, then pulled him in for a side hug.

"Who is that?" Katniss asked when she saw the bloodied woman.

"A morphling! Help me get her!" Peeta yelled back. The pair from Twelve carried the woman towards the beach, leaving Beatrice and Finnick to fight off the monkeys.

"Beatrice, let's go!" Katniss yelled from in front of her, not wanting to leave the blonde by herself. Beatrice followed the brunette's instructions, pulling Finnick towards the beach as he killed one of the last mutts.

Finnick and Beatrice tumbled onto the beach as they made their escape, the mutts seemingly stopping the chase. The pair both held their weapons towards them, making them back off. Katniss and Peeta pulled the morphling into the water, finally able to catch their breath.

Beatrice fell down, not being able to stand any longer. She felt the fatigue rising up her body. She was utterly exhausted. But that's what the Games do to a person.