Chapter 5: I'm The Only One Who Knows This Side Of You

Ethans head was currently a clusterfuck. You and Pink Pantheress were the same person. It was a lot to think about. You were Pink Pantheress. The girl he'd started crushing on was the same Superhero he was trying to get over. Maybe he should've noticed sooner but it was too late for that. He contemplated if telling you he was Spiderman was a good idea, he probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for the buzz on his phone notifying him that there was another attack at the corner store around the block.

The both of you jumped into your suits impossibly fast, and booked it to the scene, just in time to realize Sam and Tara were in there, and what you'd both assumed to be a simple robbery (if you could call a robbery simple) was yet another Ghostface attack. With Sam and Tara being rushed to the police station again, Ethan wrapped his arm around you and swung the both of you back to your apartment. As exhilarating as that would've been, the near extreme lack of sleep you'd gotten led to you only being able to process the feeling of Ethans arm around you. You clung tightly to him, feeling a mix of fear and relief in his presence. Once inside, Ethan gently released his grip on you, and you stood there, panting, trying to collect your thoughts. The weight of the night's events began to sink in. Ghostface was back, targeting your friends, and it was clear that the danger was far from over. You glanced at Ethan, who was surveying the apartment.

The phone buzzed again-only this time it was yours-with an incoming message. It was a text from Tara, who had managed to send it discreetly from the police station:

Tar- gonna be home l8r than we thought, u sure ur ok alone?

You thought about telling her Ethan was over. Honestly, for a while you'd been thinking about telling her that you were a superhero. Yeah it might've sound stupid to reveal your alter-ego, but keeping secrets from her was hard. You also knew that right now you looked very suspicious. You settled on not saying anything, figuring Ghostface could be anyone meant you probably shouldn't let anybody know.

You- I'll be fine, don't worry 

Tar- Make sure u lock the doors

When you woke up the next morning Ethan was gone, and Tara and Sam were back in the apartment. You started getting ready, you figured going to class in the midst of a killing spree would be the perfect way to separate the group, so skipping seemed like the best choice. Besides, it seemed like most of your classes were canceled anyways due to the fact that the first 2 victims were film students. As you finished getting dressed you heard a knock on the door. "Come in?" "Hey, everyone's meeting at the water fountain, you almost done?" "yeah, I'm ready" you said to Sam before she walked out. It sucked, you'd figured Sam was warming up to you but with everything going on, that was out the window.

You took a seat in between Ethan and Tara, just settling in when Mindy started her horror movie rant about who could be the killer. "y/n, the sweet roommate that just so managed to land herself in an apartment with Sam and Tara..." before you could respond Sam cut her off "Mindy that's not fair, she replied to an anonymous ad" "besides, we did a background check on her before we agreed, she's harmless" Tara tacked on. You were slightly relieved that they had at least some trust in you. "Look this guy is targeting our friend group, we have to check all our boxes, any of us could go." You understood Mindy's point. This guy was after everyone and she wanted to be careful, even if it was frustrating. "Wait- any of us? Am I in the friend group? Am I gonna die a virgin?" If you hadn't grown so fond of the spider-themed hero, you would've laughed, or cringed, or both. "That actually brings us to our newest suspect, Ethan. The shy dorky guy no one suspects because he's so shy and dorky "Why, because I'm randomly Chad's roommate. "Roommate lotteries can be juked, plus Wes said he saw you going into your apartment this morning, where were you?" Mindy-once again- had a point. You knew you couldn't just leave him like that "Mindy, he was with me" Everyone's head turned towards you. "What? Tara and Sam were out of the apartment, and I didn't wanna be alone with a psycho killer on the loose." "C'mon, I told Chad I was staying over." The group hesitantly accepted your answers. You prayed this would be over soon.