Chapter 6: The Tragedy

So a few days passed since I destroyed Stark's machine and I had not heard of him, neither has Steve. I honestly can't really blame him, if it were me in that situation I would be mad at everyone too.

Otto sent me a text, saying he needed to see me immediately. I didn't know what it was about but at this point, as long as it'll keep me distracted, I'm all for it. He upgraded his lab, looks way better in my opinion, he actually used an abandoned subway station to build the lab, okay technically it was already built, Otto just moved in, it was originally built by Oscorp.

So I get there and Otto is messing with the computer and he gestured me over.

"Parker, I need to show you something."

"What is it?"

"So after I found this lab, I decided to scan the world for anymore Rift activities-"

"Rift activities?"

"Basically what started this whole mess in the first place, from the giant rift in the sky last Christmas to now with Stark. But I was scanning the city and I found something I think you should see. Check this out."

He then handed me this weird tablet device he built and it showed me a picture. On the picture were two energy wavelengths, the one on top seemed very different than the one at the bottom, seemingly bigger.

"What is this?"

"So on that chart, it's cosmic energy, preferably what I call multiversal energy, the one on top has a higher energy level than the one on the bottom."

"I'm guessing the top one is when Beck created the rift on top and the bottom is where Stark was testing the machine?"

"No, the Christmas Rift, that's what we'll call it, is the one on the bottom, the one on the top is from before that..."

"Wait, are you saying that..."

"Someone or something opened the rift first, Beck just reopened it."

"The question is, who opened it first?"

"Million dollar question just waiting to be answered."

This is crazy to think about, I have my theories and I have to ask.

"I do have something in mind, a few years ago, Thanos invaded earth and tried to use the Infinity Gauntlet but failed, there was a blinding light and he disappeared, left without a trace."

"Interesting theory but no, the stones are powerful just not enough to tear a hole in our reality. I'm wondering if whoever did open it is leaving some background radiation. Give me a few hours and I'll whip something up, in the meantime, do what you think is best." Otto suggested. So that's what I did, I left and headed towards the surface.

I had a few hours to kill so I wandered the city, got something to ate then wanted to meet up with Leia and the others, just chill, no powers, no bad guys, just us hanging out.