Ch 26: 'Rabbit Hole'

Start from the beginning

Mirko: "Hahaha! No! No! I'm telling you, that fucking Laundry Hero guy is nowhere near as clean as you think!"

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "Yeah?"

Mirko: "Yeah! I mean, I've only met him once--" [Mumbles] "Mostly because I hate going to hero shit--" [Out Loud] "--But I was in a room with him and Mt. Lady; and someone smelled like shit!"

I almost choked down on the bit of bacon in my throat upon hearing not. Not exactly from the words, but just that a Pro Hero would even act that way. Thankfully, I was able to swallow the bit of my sandwich that I had in my mouth and coughed out a response.

(Y/n): "B-But are you sure it was, um...Laundry Hero: Wash, who smelt like it?"

Mirko: "You're kidding me, right?"

A sharp eyebrow was suddenly lifted as Mirko turned to me. I was further caught off guard when out of nowhere she shoved her face towards my own. I thought she was going to headbutt me or...--B-But before I could pinpoint it on one thing in particular, Mirko spoke once more.

Mirko: "You're into girls, right?"

(Y/n): "Um...Yeah? What does that have to do, with, um...Talking about this?"

Mirko: "Everything! Because if you were into girls, you know that most of them don't smell like shit!" [Narrows eyes] "Especially stuck-up princesses like Mt. Lady. They're all about smelling and looking good for the camera. Pfft! Pathetic..."

(Y/n): "So that leaves Wash, then?"

Mirko: "Well, it certainly fucking wasn't me! Or, what? You think I don't smell nice?"

As soon as Mirko said that, I felt as if my life was at stake. Especially when she narrowed her eyes once more, this time, focused directly on me.

(Y/n): "Um, no-Uh--Not at all."

She honestly didn't. In fact...She actually smelt pretty nice. A-At least from the few times, I happened to be in the same line of attack as the perfume that crept from her neck. Whatever it was, it smelt really good, actually. Thankfully, I didn't have to admit such to Mirko. As my words alone seemed to be enough for her.

Mirko: "Well then...Good. I guess I don't have to beat the crap out of you now."

(Y/n): "Excuse me?"

Mirko: "Besides, just think about it. Out of the three of us, the one most likely to smell like shit is the one that looks like a fucking toilet! Don't you think?"

(Y/n): "Um..."

She seemed quite serious about this topic, looking at the fact she was staring at me without a break in her line of sight with mine.

(Y/n): "...You're right."

Thankfully, that seemed to be all that was needed for me to get her smile back. And, admittedly...It was...Rather nice.

(Y/n): [Shakes head] "Um, so! Uh, a-anyway...What's up after lunch? Any, uh...Hero plans?"

Mirko: "...(Y/n)."

(Y/n): "Uh...Yeah?"

Mirko: "You're doing that stuttering thing again. Stop it. I told you how I feel about stuttering. It makes you seem like a nerd, and a rookie. And I don't partner up with rookies. Especially previous rookies who I gave the honour of allowing them to hear me call them by name...(Y/n)."

The added saying of my name was only to make Mirko's point be proven further. It also made it extremely clear that she was talking to me. Something I had no doubt about before. And now, I most certainly had no doubt that she was talking to me. I was going to respond with confirmation of this warning, and an apology. However, before I could do so, my focus was suddenly directed to the streets below.