Five

"Khushi..Are you going to meet him? Really? You are very different. He seems innocent. To your dark world"said Kareena,as she watched Khushi get ready..

She just smiled.

"Darling. No one here is innocent. May be I am the most innocent one here"said Khushi as she kissed the girl gently on her forehead.

"You and innocent. Madam. Donot dream. Donot fly. Come to Earth. "Said Kareena but inside she knew. What Khushi said was true. She was the most innocent person.

It was just the nature of their job. Or her job. A Demon hunter. Who she was,where she was from. No one knows. She had come to the city,with nothing but a backpack. With few hundred bucks and two sets of clothes.

Kareena had come across her. And helped the innocent child. She did not find anything missing for two years. But one night,she went to Khushi's room. And she was not there. Absent. When asked. She told her truth. Kareena had burst out laughing. Demons,Ghosts. These were fables. Old stories. There was no such things. But soon. It changed. Khushi just moved few pieces of books,few tablewares that were placed by her as decoration. And Kareena could feel,the death longer near her neck.

Soon she placed them back in old positions. And everything was back to normal.

"Bye darling. Donot wait for me. Be a good girl and go to sleep. And no matter what happens,donot go out. Okay"added Khushi as she walked out.

Kareena smiled. She knew why Khushi always told her that. But she had already took precautions for emergency. The simple beaded necklace on her body was enough.

"Hii there.."Khushi said as she sat down beside the man dressed in fancy Black suit.

He was not wearing a tie. The upper botton was open giving a glimpse to the perfect body inside. He was a fine speciman. A Greek God..

"Hii.."he answered.

"Done checking me out?"he asked with a smirk.

"Nope. Not done. Why donot we walk to some private corner and I would check it out fully?"said Khushi..

The man looked at her. She was dressed simply. Grey Tshirt and Black trousers.

"But there is nothing for me to check out"Arnav Singh Raizada added,but as soon as he saw the shift of mood,he felt bad. There was something about this girl or woman. That he just could not put finger on..

"Mr Raizada. That is another case"she said to change the mood. But he knew. She forced it.

"Who are you Miss Khushi?"he asked..

"Khushi"came the pat reply.

"Yes. Beneath that mask of Khushi. Who is it?"asked Arnav..

Khushi smiled..

"Too much information is bad for life Mr Raizada"said Khushi as she stood up.

"Stop. Donot go"he wishpered.

She sat back.

"The scent of blood is too much on you. Did you meet with an accident?"Khushi asked suddenly..

Arnav looked at her. Then nodded.

"Yes. I just met with an accident before coming here"Arnav added..

"Then you should stop using him. He would die if you use him for one more day"said Khushi suddenly..

And the face of the man changed.  His face morphed into something very ugly..

"I am not using him. He killed me. I am his twin"a bizzare voice was heard. The silencing spell worked well. Otherwise the bar would have been in chaos. And they had sat in a corner.

"So,you use him. From childhood. You killed the puppy he received as a gift. You almost molested the girl he liked. You made him say things he should have never said. You even wanted him to die horribly,if not for the note he got from a stranger"she said. Her tone pleasant. But she was angry.

"Yes. And I am going to destroy the woman he loves too"said the strange voice..

"Arnav loves me? Really..How great"exclaimed Khushi..

"Donot be happy. He is going to remember killing you with his hands. For the rest of his life"the voice said..

"Ohh. Stop this rubbish. Now come out. It's time to go back to hell"said Khushi as she muttered something under her breathe and took a pin..

She pierced it on his fingertips and a drop of blood came out. But it was dark. Pitch black. She sighed. As she took a glass stripe and cotton. Wiped it and put it safe. She would free that soul later.

"Ouch. Khushi. That hurts. "Said Arnav.

"Hurts? Good. Now. Go back home. And for three days. Heal. Maintain good health. Work hard. After three days meet me,at my home"said Khushi..

Arnav nodded. He knew something was different about him. He was conscious about the conversation of Khushi and the so called twin brother. Infact he knew. His parents had told him about it. It was not because of him he died. He was dead being strangled by umbilical cord. Breathless.

"Does it really happen?"Arnav asked as they walked outside after paying bills.

"There are countless mysteries in the Universe Arnav. Doctor would diagnose it as bipolar disorder. Spiritual masters would call it as soul possession"she said with a smile..

"Then what about you?"Arnav asked as they sat inside his car..

"Me? I am a demon hunter. I play with darkness. It was not a demon. Just resentment left. And it fed on you as you grew. It was almost like,you have two heads. Everyone have. Somewhere it's intense. Somewhere it's less."she said casually.

Arnav smiled.

Khushi closed her eyes. It would take her one day to deal with it. Then she would need to heal. She had some other matters to deal with.

And she wanted to know. After k owing her identity,would he still come back?

As he dropped her,she smiled and waved.

Arnav too smiled. He was tired already.

She looked at his fading care with a sigh. Kareena stood beside her. She really liked him,did she not..