The game ended, and Sungchan's team won. So, of course there'd be an after party. I was thinking whether to go or not go, since I am still ashamed for what I just did last night. My friends aren't even aware, because I'm scared they might judge me for moving too fast withought having any concrete plan on what I would be doing after the confession.

I let out a deep sigh, before telling my girl friends that I'll be going first and I even made up an excuse, saying that my mom needed my help for something.

"Awe, but parties are way better when drunk Yumi is present," Dohee told me while pouting, making me act like I was going to throw up in front of her. That earned me a slap from Dohee.

"I am not gonna get drunk any time soon. Anyway, I'll be going." I waved at my friends, and when I was finally away from the crowd, relief washed over me.

It was still a bit early, so I wasn't scared to ride the train alone. But, I was shocked because while walking alone, I felt someone suddenly tapping my shoulder.

I screamed.

"Hey, it's just me. Relax," the person who tapped my shoulder said, and when I realized that it was a person I know, I relaxed.

"I didn't even hear you walking behind me!" I exclaimed, still a bit terrified. Causing Anton to say he's sorry and that he won't do it again.

"Why are you here?" I can't help but ask. He's been avoiding me for days, and suddenly, he's approaching me.

"I won't be attending the after party, and I brought my car with me. I'll be going home alone since my cousin's staying at Rina's. So, wanna ride with me back home?" he asked, and he looks so adorable since he looked shy and awkward while asking, so of course, I accepted his offer.

* * *

The ride was too quiet. I was just glad that our house wasn't that far from our university. I can't help but compare our ride last night. If only I kept my mouth shut, then maybe, this could've been a great ride home too.

The gloomy music playing wasn't even helping at all. I wanted to talk, to ask him why he suddenly ignored me the past few days, but of course, I can't do that. I was already too shy to even say a single word in front of him.

And I'm afraid that if I brought it up again, he might reject me.

We reached my house without the both of us talking. But, something in me was pushing that we needed to talk tonight. Or else I'll go crazy overthinking things.

"Anton, do you wanna go inside for a bit? I'm sure my mom missed you," I asked, and I was so glad when he smiled and nodded. Thank god, because I might actually cry myself to sleep if he rejects my offer.

We went inside, and I was shocked to see my parents dancing in front of the TV in the living room. A Sunday Kind of Love by Etta James was playing, and I almost ran outside again after seeing such scene in front of me.

My parents, despite married for so many years now, have never stopped being sweet with each other. And it doesn't help that I always see them acting like gen z couples when I'm single myself.

"Ma, Pa, enough. We have a visitor." I told them, before opening all the lights, causing my parents to laugh before greeting Anton, who doesn't seem too fazed from the situation. He must be used to it, knowing that even his parents are as sweet as my parents.

"Anton! How are you?" My father asked Anton, so I left them first in the living room, before dragging my mother to the dining room to ask her what to do next since I'm stuck in a situation where I don't know where the exit is.