Sticks and Stones

Start from the beginning

I slowly approached her then softly greeted myself, "Hey."

Emily was sitting on a high chair in the kitchen doing nothing. Probably thinking about random stuff.

She jumped to the sound of my voice, "Oh, hey."

"You okay?" I asked leaning against the counter right across from her. I placed my elbows onto the counter to hold myself steady as I talk.

"Yeah." She answered not even looking at me.

"Emily. Don't lie to me." I told her.

She sighed, "No."

I raised an eyebrow before speaking, "You wanna talk about it?"

She looked up at me, meeting my eyes. My eyes were genuine. After 11 years of hearing Jayden rant to me about everything, I'm honestly very good with advice. 

"It's just-" She paused for a moment, "I feel like I ruin everything. I know Mike told me to stop talking down on myself, but I can't help it."

"Well Mike's right." I answered, "You will ruin something if you keep overthinking."

She moved her eyes down in realization. 

"Look at yourself." I told her, "You are a Wonderful girl. I mean you play the flute, You have such a cheerful and kind personality, and you are a Samurai Power Ranger! Why would you want to talk about yourself so negatively?"

She doesn't answer to that for a second, "I....I don't know."

"You see, the reason why you don't know is because you listen to what others call you. You can't listen to them. YOU are The Yellow Samurai Power Ranger. So that means YOU can break their neck in a heartbeat. They can suck it because they don't know what they're talking about." I confront her, "The reason why I am the way I am today is because I spent years of not listening to Ji. He eventually gave up and let me do whatever I want."

Emily laughed at the last part of my lecture.

"But you aren't me. So I highly doubt that you'd break someone's neck. So, if someone says something to you just act like they didn't say anything at all." I said softly. 

Emily slowly nodded her head, "Yeah. I understand."

I smiled at that then stood up straight. I walked towards the door that leads to the Hallway, "Tawny?" I heard Emily call my name.

"Hmm?" I answered turning back to face her.

"Thanks." She said.

I smiled, "You're welcome."

I walked out, and went to my room to change out of these sweaty training clothes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about 30 minutes after I had a talk with Emily, I hear a loud siren sound. The gap sensor. For the love of Christ, could you please give me a break?

I flung open my door, and run to the map room. I take a quick peek to where the Nighlok is at. 

"Let's go!" I hear Jayden yell behind me. I follow him as the team follow behind me.