Light and Darkness

Dive into the intriguing depths of God's creation narrative.

There's a common belief among believers that where light exists, darkness cannot dwell. We've been taught, and it's ingrained in our understanding. The scriptural basis for this belief often refers to Jesus as the light shining in darkness, and darkness not comprehending it. Yet, if we scrutinize this, there's more beneath the surface.

Consider Genesis 1: God separated light from darkness. After God declared, "Let there be light," darkness persisted. The mere command didn't dispel darkness automatically. This challenges the notion that light expels darkness instantly. There's a backstory—a war in heaven, Lucifer's rebellion, resulting in darkness descending upon Earth.

God, with a profound strategy, initiated a two-fold process. Firstly, He called forth light out of darkness, establishing a new reality. Secondly, God set a demarcation between light and darkness, naming them day and night. These realities became foundations for creation.

The light called forth was not the sun and moon; it was a distinct reality. The subsequent verses (Genesis 1:14-18) introduce the celestial bodies, distinct from the initial light. This realization dawned after years of pondering, guided by the Holy Spirit.

What was this initial light? It's one of God's principal elements for creation. Before any creation, God invokes these elements, and light is fundamental. God couldn't eradicate darkness, linked to Satan, due to a divine judgment with a specified timeframe.

Post-creation, darkness lingered. This mirrors our Christian journey—saved from the power of sin but living amidst its presence until our earthly existence ends. God's command to let there be light involved more than immediate illumination; it introduced a contrasting reality.

Now, the Garden of Eden wasn't a new creation but a divine extension—a realm where darkness couldn't prevail. Adam and Eve, in their spiritual purity, didn't see their nakedness due to the overwhelming light. God's work on the first day, then, embraced both calling forth light and creating a boundary.

Understanding day and night extends beyond the sun and moon; they symbolize contrasting realities. Scriptures referencing night seasons highlight periods where darkness seems to prevail. It's crucial to grasp that some seasons demand endurance before the joyous morning arrives.

The principle: Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Night symbolizes seasons of challenge and discomfort, yet they're not perpetual. Knowing this dispels unnecessary worry. Peace in storms arises from understanding and knowledge.

In trusting God, comprehend the principle of night seasons. Your peace lies in understanding the temporary nature of challenges—joy will come in the morning.