Sick Day

"I'm not going ANYWHERE near you, let alone going to touch you!" Dave's voice was muffled through his blue face mask, like the ones that doctors would wear. He also had on disposable rubber gloves, one of his hands gripped around a disinfectant spray bottle.

"Wow, your ignoring your amazing boyfriends dying wishes, I can't believe you" Shawn stated dramatically, which earned a scoff and eye-roll from Dave.

"okay one, you are not dying, you just caught that cold that has been going around. Two, there is no way in hell I'm going to cuddle with my very sick boyfriend"

Shawn smirked "yeah I guess I'm pretty cool"

"I- no! I didn't mean that kind of sick, I mean you're literally puking around every few minutes, I'm surprised you've even made it through this conversation without vomiting everywhere-"

just before Dave could even finish his sentence Shawn sprung up from his bed and raced to the bathroom, Dave held back a gag as he imagined the scene behind the washrooms door. Shawn walked out moments after and wiped the his mouth with the sleeve of his sweater, Discussed clearly visible on the others face.

"what? I had to wipe away the stuff in the corners of my mouth!" Shawn said.

"yeah but did you have to use your sleeve?" Dave responded as he walked off into the bathroom to begin disinfecting again (for over the tenth time that day).

———————

"Daveeee" Shawn whined out for the other.

"What" He turned his head in response as he wiped the bedroom door-knob with a sanitizer wipe.

"Come here"

Dave was hesitant, he didn't want to risk getting that disgusting sickness but he didn't want to leave his boyfriend unattended. He walked over towards him with caution, it wasn't like it was a deathly cold or anything (well to Dave, any sickness was deathly) but the thought of gross germs running through his body sent shivers down his spin. His thoughts were shut out when he felt a sudden and swift tug on his shirt, forcefully pulling him down on the bed. The warmth of wooled covered arms that hugged his body close made his skin crawl with comfort, his body was pressed up against the others, he hadn't been held in a while and it felt nice to finally be held by someone after a seemingly long time.

but then the realization kicked in.

"SHAWN! YOUR GONNA GET ME SICK! I NEED SANITIZER IMMEDIATELY" Dave shrieked, he attempted to wiggle out of the embrace (without success), Shawn squeezed him tighter an rested his chin on the nap of Dave's neck.

"pleaseee, just like, a few more minutes"

"pleaseee" he pleaded with the black haired boy.

Dave huffed in thought as he heavily breathed, he leaned deeper into the comfort of the others touch even though it felt gross to be this close to him, the knowledge that thousands of germ particles were probably on his body made him feel uncomfortable.

"I- ugh! Fine! But after I'm going to take like, five showers!" Dave complained.

"fine with me" Shawn's tone sounding more dried.

————————

It hadn't even been ten minutes before Shawn had fallen with Dave tightly held in his arms, Dave let out a defeated sigh as he closed his eyes.

he was definitely gonna get sick