Nervous

Aryan. He was my best friend since we were childs but at the same time the man that I loved with all my heart. But he couldn't know that. It would ruin our friendship If he ever discovered the romantic feelings I had for him.

It was close too seven. I was sitting on my bed, lightly humming to the song I was listening to music through my headphones as I red one of my favourite books for the fifth time I think, when I heard my phone buzzing.

Aryan's contact name appeared on my screen as I almost immediately picked up the phone happy to finally talk to him. The fact that we haven't seen each other in almost a week was eating me alive.

-« Hey Y/N! How are you?, he asked
-Oh I'm good what about you? It's been so long since we've seen each other!
-I'm doing well, thanks for asking! About that, I was wondering if you'd want to come over at my house?
-Like right now?
-Yeah if you don't mind, he said a hint of nervousness hiding in his voice
-Oh okay I'm coming as soon as I can !
-Perfect I'll be waiting for you! Don't take too long to get ready I have something important to tell you.
-Oh ok, see you! »

I hung up. 'What would he want to say to me' I thought while curling my lashes. I didn't want to put too much makeup on. Besides, I know that when I'd come back home I'd probably be too lazy to remove it. So I just put on concealer to hide the enormous bags under my eyes. Thanks to the North Sea tiktoks and evil Sephora kids grwm for not helping me at all when I'm trying to fix my sleep schedule. I also put on some mascara and lipgloss.

I was finally ready to go. I grabbed my headphones and told my mom where I was going while crossing her path in the hallway. She didn't mind me going at Aryan's because her and his mother had always been great friends.

I decided to walk too his house because it was unnecessary taking the car for just a 2-3 minute drive. On my way too his house, I listened to our shared playlist on Spotify. All of our favourite songs in one place, what could possibly be better?

I was finally on the porch of his house. I knocked two times before opening the door and walking in. Through out the ten years of being friends with him, his mom always reminded me that I didn't need to wait for someone to come open the door. His house was like a second home to me because I spent a whole lot of my childhood here.

I said hi too his mom and dad that were in the kitchen and also verified with them if Aryan was in his room. They told me that he was, so I just headed up there.

On my way there, I tried to guess what he wanted to tell me, but I couldn't. I knocked on his door once. No response. Maybe he was in the bathroom? I just opened the door and walked in seeing him sound asleep, his hand still holding his phone, on his bed.

-« Aryan, wake up! , I said while slightly shaking him
- Hmmmm, I don't want too.
-You have too.
-Okay okay, I'm up! » , he replied, now sitting on his bed

We hung out for an hour or two. We gossiped about people we didn't like at school, made tiktoks, played games and just talked.

-« Hey Y/N.
-Whats up?
-Okay, so what I wanted to tell you was-
-KIDS I MADE COOKIES! , his mom screamed from downstairs
-COMING MOM! , he screamed back
-Sorry. I'm gonna tell you later, don't worry. , he said apologetically
-Oh no it's really fine. Come on, your mom's cookies are the best! »

We rushed down the stairs to see his mom in the kitchen, a tray full of cookies in her hands.

-« Oh, Y/N. Do you maybe want to watch a movie? , Aryan said nervously. Why was he so nervous ?
-Sure! What movie tho?
-Ummh... What about Lady Bird! You told me you wanted too watch it but never had the chance.
-Omg yes! I hope Kyle is as hot as in the edits!
- Oh yeah, yeah. » , he said, his smile falling down.

What was it with him today? He was all nervous and stuff. Maybe he had a rough day. Or was it the thing he wanted to tell me?

We started the movie while eating some of the cookies his mom made. After about an hour of watching the movie, I felt my eyes slowly closing and my head falling on Aryan's shoulder. I felt him move a bit. He was now laying down on the couch and me against his chest.

I snuggled a bit onto him to get more comfortable. At one point of the night, I woke up. I didn't move to not wake up the man I was quite literally on. But I still felt him move a bit and begin to breathe faster. He woke up. He took the remote and closed the tv that was still on.

-"Y/N? You awake?"

I didn't respond nor move. I wanted to see if he would say anything else. And he did. He said the sentences that I've dreamed him saying.

-"Y/N, I love you. I really really love you. For a long time now. I don't even know how you haven't noticed yet. I've given you so many hints and yet you still haven't said anything. If your mixed signals keep on going I'm gonna stop trying.
-I like you too Aryan. , I said from a burst of confidence
-Wait really! , he replied while we both sat up
-Yeah. I think the exact same thing about you. I really really love you too."

Ok so what do we think about this?

This is my first book so please bear with me!

Also, don't forget to vote and comment!

Have a good day, Livy xx