Chapter 34: Just picking up being the "perfect" side character.

Start from the beginning

"Y-Yeah, t-that's right! It just means she was a unique individual with a strength that rivals brother's."

'Let's just go with that for now.'

"I get it now..."

I place my hand on my chin thinking deeply.

"I guess I'll try keeping the perfect side character act from now on and see how it turns out."

After that, I decided to return to how I was acting before, the persona I acted during the first day, which was the "perfect side character act". The act which we honed during summer break, with the help of Haruka-san and using her as a base on acting out as a normie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After getting a good night's rest, Mocha-san's adrenaline has already been exhausted and practically reverted back to how she was originally acting, with her social anxiety getting the best of her. 

However, now with a little experience gained from yesterday's interaction. Having a taste and longing to feel it again.

After resting, Mocha-san realized that she did a lot of cringe-worthy moments in yesterday's round of events.

When Mocha-san woke up this morning.

"Why did I do that! I mean who's idiot was gonna run with bread on her mouth and yell "I'm late!" over and over on the streets! It worked out in the end though... But still!"

"Now that I think about it. Every time I tried starting a conversation I didn't really manage any of them to land properly. It's always out of place and sounds forced."

"The worst of it all is how I could just spill my insecurities on a person I just barely met(Yukiya). I'm not even sure yet if he's a good person or not. If he turns out to be a bad person, it could have definitely end badly. But even if he's good, I can't just push my worries onto another person. Ah, God! I definitely said too much! Ahrg, this is so embarrassing, I wanna crawl in a hole somewhere to never be seen again!"

She rolled over and over on her bed while covering her face from embarrassment, as she recalled every bit of things she did and was insecure about. She overthink her actions, thinking it was so cringe.

"Ugh! It so hard to be a shoujo heroine!"

Realizing what she did was embarrassing, she's still glad she did it anyways. Because in the end, the end results was probably the best she could get.

It was due to yesterday's experience, she gained even just a little bit of confidence, having a small grasp of what it means to be social.

And to note, she even made a friend named Hitomi, and the others seemed to accepting of her as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mocha-san is now currently on her way to school.

"Luckily I won't be late this time. I even make sure to triple checked if I set the alarm correctly to avoid what happened last time."

'I'll try to not put it in mute anymore as much as possible.'

As Mocha-san is now walking her way to school. And on the next corner, she saw a familiar looking face that she was well aware of.

'It's the cold but caring prince! So he takes this route, huh...'

We walked into each other purely by coincidence.

Mocha-san was the type of person to arrive at school on time to have minimum interaction with others.

If she arrive too early, there's a good chance that someone will approach her, or if not, she'll look isolated and seem like a total loner seating all alone by herself.

She developed this habit of arriving at the exact time from her old school.

On the other hand, I planed to arrive on time to have the minimal questioning because there's a chance that a flock will form again like the fist time which I found tiring.

'T, this is my chance. My first time greeting someone I know in the morning.'

Mocha-san tried practicing on me on saying good morning to other people.

"G-Good morning!"

She greeted me, a little embarrassed while trying to give her greetings some energy.

'I have always wanted to do this. How will he react. Was I too stiff on saying it?
He'll probably just ignore me like the tsundere he is.'

"Good morning" I replied to her with a blinding smile.

'Who the fuck are you!?'

[Note: Mocha has never seen him in "perfect side character mode" before.]

Mocha-san suddenly fell silent. She was confused as the vibe I was giving off right now is a whole lot different than it was yesterday.

This is part of Ayaka's training and a little help of Haruka-san's socialization skills. "Always reply with a smile" is what was part of the training.

Yesterday we decided to stick with the "perfect side character persona". That one I was acting on the first day.

Normally I don't greet anyone because I was trying to act edgy before. However, right now I'm acting as the "perfect side character" so I must act as normal as I could.

Mocha-san was then left confused as to why I was smiling, looking to be in a good mood as how approachable I seemed at the moment, which was intended.

What really made her confused was my sudden change of character. To Mocha-san, it was really strange if you were to compare it with how I was acting yesterday.

We then continued walking our way to school, leaving Mocha-san dumbfounded as to why I seemed to be acting so differently.