Chapter 10

Raven's POV

The days of the week rolled together until I got to Friday afternoon. Friday morning goes the same as all the other mornings. I am up at the office before seven and already am prepared for the day. 6:59 comes and so does Nathan the bodyguard. I haven't really made any headway with him as to gaining his trust. It doesn't matter really but now that I have started thinking about my future again it would just be more convenient for him to trust me just a little. He sneers at me the first chance he gets and I haven't heard a word of acknowledgment from him. 7:30 every morning is when Mr. Munos comes up in the elevator. 7:45 is when I give the agenda for the day and take notes about his plans. I am not really sure what is going to happen on the weekend to be honest. I know there are plans being made to get me more essentials. I am grateful he even thinks of me. I also get paid today which is a plus so I am actually a bit excited. Emails get sent out and I respond to the ones I need too. I get bored again and go over the lists I made 3 days ago about my life and things I need to figure out. Some things are just lists of what I need and other things on the lists are things I actually could start worrying about again. Before I can get to the things I need to worry about, the little alarm on my computer dings and alerts me that it is almost lunch time. Mr. Munos has an important new client meeting at lunch.

I scurry around my desk putting up the lists and answering final emails. I call down to the valet and get the food brought up from the kitchens that exist somewhere below this office and my apartment. The chef from a few days ago brings up the meals promptly and I set them out with the covers on to keep the food warm. I use the little compact mirror Bianca had in the desk to straighten up my appearance. I know it doesn't really matter what I look like but it's a habit. A minute and a half before the meeting is about to start, 3 men come up in the elevator. An impressively dressed man and his two bodyguards. The fashionable one in the middle comes up to my desk and begins speaking Spanish to me. I only catch the greeting and the rest goes over my head. Carlos didn't want me learning what his business dealings consisted of so I never learned. I pull a megawatt smile out of my back pocket and stand up to get Mr. Munos. Immediately his eyes go to my boobs and ass. I feel the familiar 'keep your guard up around this fucker' feeling coarsing through my body. I go around my desk and knock knowing his eyes and the two others are on my ass in the skirt I am wearing. Nathan answers the door and calls for Mr. Munos.

Mr. Munos comes to the door and welcomes the man and his bodyguards in Spanish. They speak outside the office in rapid Spanish and joke about something. The guy in the middle turns and speaks about me in the tone that gives off predator vibes. Mr. Munos smiles along with what he says and invites him into the office. Nathan stops him and his bodyguards and asks them something. A tense atmosphere is established by just those few words. The middle guy raises his bushy eyebrows to Mr. Munos and Mr. Munos shakes his head as if to say 'follow his orders.' It pisses the middle guy off and he pulls out his gun saying something clearly derogatory to Nathan. Nathan, doesn't react and pats all three of them down. He takes out a lockbox I didn't even know existed from my desk and puts them and their phones inside. He lets them into the office and gives me a meaningful stare. I think that means don't touch. A loud discussion takes place for over an hour before the clients come out for food. I smile when they do to look polite but also gauge their appearances. The bodyguards are neutral but the middle guy looks even more aggressive. He makes another derogatory remark about something and takes two plates instead of one. It barely leaves food left for one person. When he begins to eat from one of the plates, I sigh and cuss him out silently. I guess there will be no leftovers for me and I will have to split my paycheck over food and essentials. I make two smaller plates for Mr. Munos and Nathan.

The fancy middle guy speaks to his bodyguards and hands one of the plates over to the right bodyguard. He takes out his shiny phone and texts back and forth with someone. None of my business so I take the two smaller plates inside the open office door. Mr. Munos sits behind his desk and barely acknowledges me putting the plates down on the desk. I turn around not bothered by my lack of acknowledgement and meet Nathan's eyes at the door. He leans against the wall close to the door clearly listening to the outside noises. I walk towards the door when Nathan's hand brushes my ass. I bite my lip as his hand cups my behind with fervor. It stops just as soon as it starts and I'm confused. That wasn't the usual disgusting feel up. Instead of asking questions I get back to my desk as fast as possible. After getting back to my desk I sit down and look at all the men surrounding me. They all look at me with hungry eyes like I'm a bird of prey to them. I glance at the doorway again and Nathan winks. The men outside the door hoot and holler in Spanish before going back into Mr. Munos' office.