part 1 - the rehearsal

Start from the beginning

i knew the name, but i didn't know her too well. i did do a little bit of research on her after i realized she was the artist, and she was definitely beautiful. it could've been much worse.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
hailee's pov

i woke up, instantly checking my phone. my agent (and best friend) nell had planned my day out, which she did every time i had some sort of work. i was free until around 5 pm, and it was currently around 12. i've been struggling to get good sleep recently due to stress around work and releases. but i can't complain. i'm having fun, i just need a break eventually. maybe even a vacation. anyways, i decide to pass the time by watching a show while looking at some of the scripts i had been sent.

my phone went off. it was a call from nell.

"hey, nell. what's up?" i said after picking up. "are you ready yet?" she replied. i checked the time and realized i had lost track of time. "um... yeah. almost ready, don't worry." i said back. "okay. i'll be there in 15 minutes." i took a deep breath. "cool, see you then." i ended the call, and went to the bathroom to put on a bit of makeup. it didn't take long, and i grabbed my coat before waiting for nell

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
y/n's pov

i had just left my apartment. i had a crop top, as wel some leggings. over the course of the day, i got more nervous for the rehearsal. i knew i wasn't bad, but i still hadn't done anything like this in a long time. i tried to put on some music to help make me feel better, but nothing really worked.

the studio wasn't a long walk, so i got there in no time. i was the first one there, along with alicia. when i walked in, she came over to give me a hug. "how've you been, y/n?" she said happily. "i've been alright. you?" i replied to her. "can't complain." she gave me a smile. "i believe hailee and her agent will be getting here shortly, so if you'd like to get ready, i'd do that now. you know, stretch, change, whatever you need. i'll be here if you need me, so don't hesitate to ask." i returned the smile, and set my bag in the corner of the room. i took my coat off and layed it out on top of it. i started to stretch out my legs, and pulled out the sheet that alicia had sent me. then she walked in. like i said, she was beautiful.

(this is the outfit)

she was even more beautiful in person, but i didn't really think about it much before she waved at me, sending me a smile too

she was even more beautiful in person, but i didn't really think about it much before she waved at me, sending me a smile too. i gave her back a slight grin, before going back to my stretching. it didn't take long for room to fill up, or for us to begin. as we danced, i noticed hailee looking at me quite a bit, and it started to make me feel both nervous and confident. was i doing well? was i doing bad? who knows? but it didn't matter. i was having a lot of fun, and that was enough.

hailee's pov (on the way home)

"well, that went good, right?" nell said to me. "yeah, it was pretty good. everybody did great." she looked at me with a small smirk. "what?" i blurted out. "that girl. do you know her or something?" i raised an eyebrow. "oh come on." she continued. "don't tell me you didn't realize you were staring at her for about 75% of the entire night." she chuckled at the confused expression on my face. "don't be dramatic, nell. i don't know what you're talking about. i don't even know what girl you mean." i lied, trying to play it cool. it wasn't as if i had a crush. y/n was just very pretty. "y/n? the girl who got there first?" she told me. "ohhh. yeah, she's pretty. and she was a great dancer. but i don't think i was staring." i replied. "okay then. whatever you say." she pulled up beside my house, unlocking the doors. "you wanna stay? it's getting late." i offered. "no, thanks though. see ya, hailee. love you." i smiled. "love you too." i closed the door and walked into my house, locking the door behind me and getting into bed.

y/n's pov

i got under my covers and tried to drift off to sleep. after a while of trying, i went on instagram for a bit. i had noticed a few new followers from the dancers i met earlier. i clicked on their pages and followed them back, and found that one of them posted a selfie with hailee. i gave her a follow too, not that she'd ever notice. i scrolled down her page for a few minutes before going back to resting, falling asleep in just a couple of minutes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
hello everybody. i hope you enjoyed the chapter. i can't promise frequent updates or long chapters, but i'll try my best. i'm new to this style of writing, so bear with me. i'd love feedback whenever you have it, and am open to suggestions. thank you for reading :)