Chapter Seven: First Day and Cupid's Arrow

"And what do we say when people are being mean to us?" Luna asked.

"Stop, or I will tell a teacher," Anya replied fiercely.

"There you go. And what do we say when we have hurt someone?" Luna asked.

"I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me. Let's start over and be friends," Anya said with a smile.

Luna smiled and ruffled Anya's hair, finishing her breakfast. "Make sure to apologize to Damian during school today," Loid said.

Luna finished putting on her uniform and straightened up her hat, grabbing her backpack in one hand and Anya's hand in the other. "The bus'll be here soon, so we should get outside."

The pair walked outside as Loid and Yor watched them leave. Luna sighed and sat beside Anya, "So are you excited for school?" Luna asked.

Anya's face lit up and she nodded, "Yeah! I'll get to save the world!" 

Luna chuckled a bit and messed with Anya's hat, "Yeah, you go save the world, Peanut."

.

.

.

Luna walked into her classroom and immediately saw Diana near the front. The pair briefly made eye contact, but Luna quickly dropped her gaze and walked toward the back. She then heard a scoff as Diana smirked, 'She is learning her place then, good,' Diana thought to herself.

Then, a small gasp was heard and a boy said, "Luna!"

Luna turned and saw the familiar, friendly face of Benjamin Blackbell. "Hey Ben," Luna said with a sigh of relief, walking toward him and taking the seat beside him.

Their teacher was Walter Evans, who Luna recognized as the kind man from the interview. Luna relaxed slightly and the man said, "Good morning students, it's good to see you all again. However, some of you may have noticed that we have a new student in our midst. Miss Forger, would you like to introduce yourself?"

Luna gulped and stood from her seat and said, "Um, hello... my name is Luna Forger."

Luna glanced through the class and accidentally made eye contact with Diana once again, making Luna's gaze turn down to her feet. "Does anyone have any questions for Miss Forger?" Mr. Evans asked.

A person toward the other side of the room asked, "What do your parents do?" 

Luna gulped and said, "My father is a psychiatrist and my mother works at City Hall."

A couple of chuckles sounded throughout the room, not expecting someone with middle-class parents to be here. Someone else raised their hand, "What school did you go to before this one?"

"Uh... well I was... homeschooled," Luna answered. 

Whispers shot through the classroom and Luna turned red from embarrassment. More hands raised, but Mr. Evans realized what they was going to happen so he said, "Ok, that's enough class. You may ask Miss Forger more questions during personal time."

Luna sat back down and Benjamin smiled at her. "Who is that girl?" Luna whispered.

Ben quirked a brow and followed her gaze, "Which one?"

"Desmond..." Luna stated quietly.

Ben sucked in a breath and said, "Captain bitchiness. Her father is a politician who has a lot of sway over the country, so she and her family think they're all top shit. Stay away from her if you can."

After a few hours of classes, the class was dismissed for lunch, and Luna nervously followed Ben around like a lost puppy. "So, Miss Homeschool, who allowed you to think that you would be even remotely as worthy of attending this school as the rest of us?" an unfortunately familiar voice asked as other students laughed.