Chapter 9

ALANI CASTILLO
San Francisco, CA.

I'm always down to celebrate but my birthday but this year I was just dreading it. I don't know if it was because I was older or if it's because Wardell decided to force his girlfriend on me. And not in the way I would enjoy but I digress. I've accepted that he's moved on but that doesn't mean I want to hang around him and another woman.

But Klay was going to be here so I wouldn't look completely alone and pathetic as the former love of my life introduces his girlfriend to our family.

"Mommy, you awake?" Raelyn asks as she stands in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Yes, babe. Come on in." She didn't waste any time and hopped on to the bed next to me.

"It's your birthday party today." Rae said excitedly. "Can I have cake?"

"If you eat all your food then mommy will give you some cake." Raelyn nodded happily as she snuggled closer to me. She gave me the remote and asked if I could put Frozen 2 on. Raelyn really loves all the Disney movies and princesses. She already asked if she could have a Princess Aurora themed party. We were about 25 minutes into the movie when I heard keys jingle in the door. Raelyn sat up straight as she heard her father's footsteps ascend up the stairs.

"Daddy!" Raelyn leaped into Wardell's arms.

"Morning, little tiger." Wardell placed kisses all over her face.

"Mommy said you were in LA with a friend." Raelyn said. Wardell's eyes widened.

"Yes, I was." He gave me a look. I simply shrugged my shoulders. We both needed to ease her into the fact that there was another woman in her father's life. And she is quite possessive over her dad I might add, so that might be tricky.

"Was it a boy or girl?" Raelyn asked curiously.

Wardell cleared his throat. "I, um- it was a girl."

"Oh." Rae said.

I had to cackled a little bit.

"Is she a friend like... Aunty Ishi?"

Damn, Raelyn has all the right questions this morning. I'm loving this.

"No, Rae. Not like Aunty Ishi. She's a special friend." He answered reluctantly.

"Oh, like a girlfriend." Raelyn blurted out.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. The look of shock on his face was priceless.

"Yes, Raelyn. Like a girlfriend." Wardell said. "Her name is Kiana and I would like you to meet her."

"She's meeting Kiana today?" It was my turn to be shocked. I was under the impression that I would meet her before Raelyn does. Wardell sure does love surprises.

"Ally, we talked about this." He eyed me. Raelyn looked warily between the two of us. "Why don't you go pick out an outfit and daddy will give you a bath when you're done."

Wardell put her down and she happily obliged.

"Wardell, what the fuc-"

"I know what you're about to say, and let me tell you, you're not going to finesse your way out of this again." He said sternly.

"You don't realise what you're doing. I haven't even had a conversation with Kiana yet and now you're insisting on having her meet Raelyn." I huffed.

"You're meeting her later today. I don't see the isssue."

"The issue is that you're taking my choices away. You said Raelyn could meet Kiana when I decided it was okay. She is related to the person who threatened to destroy our lives. You can't possibly think that I'll be okay with this."