CH.13 WHAT AWAITS YOU

Start from the beginning

"Why is this suddenly so hard! It's just a 5 page screenplay!" She shouts in frustration. Hanni sighed and left her comforting bed. A change of scenery might help her refresh her mind.

ADOR City, Danielle's Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

A girl stood in her kitchen, elbows resting on the counter, beer on her right hand, and her phone on the left. Her focus was on a message she'd been wanting to send to Hanni, Minji knew that she was the reason why the girl suddenly left their apartment, and it bothered her, it shouldn't but it does.

"Fuck this!" She mumbled to herself, gulped down the last of her beer, and grabbed her car keys.

ADOR City, ASAP Club
Narrator's Point Of View

As if old habits die hard, Eugene and Haerin were in a club, drinking the night away. The concept of sleep was far from their grasp, so they decided, what better to pass the time than drink and have fun.

"God! I miss the other girls! They would love this club so much!" Eugene shouted, she was already on her 3rd shot of vodka.
"Wow slow down tiger! Let's save some room for dessert and sobriety. I can't drink too much." Haerin although was on the verge of letting all her worries go and just drink, needs to think about the consequences of her actions when morning comes, she can't go on a meeting with a hangover.
"Party pooper!" Eugene downed another shot of her new favorite beverage.
"Alright that's enough! let's sober you up! I know a perfect coffee shop at the nearby park!" Haerin paid for their drinks and assisted her friend who was barely walking straight. 'heavy drinker my ass! The girl can't even down 4 shots!' she chuckled and looked at her drowsy friend.

ADOR City, New Community Park
Narrator's Point Of View

Hanni sat on the familiar park swing, it was a cold night, yet it somehow brought her comfort. She sighs for the hundredth time, and hangs her head low. It's been an emotional rollercoaster for her, these past few weeks of constantly avoiding Danielle and Minji, moving in with Eunchae, and the guilt filled her as she felt like she betrayed Haerin. Everything was falling apart, she couldn't hold it all together.

"It's cold, you know how easily you catch a cold." Hanni hears a familiar voice, and a soft blue jacket now draped over her shoulders.
"I knew you were weird but never the crazy stalker." She doesn't dare to look up, she might regret it. The newcomer kneeled down in front of her, with her long black hair on a loose ponytail, and her face of concern that somehow made Hanni feel weird things, the wrong things.
"Minji, I can't do this with you, I'm not going to be your mistake! Not anymore! Not again..." She stood up, angry and frustrated, she started to tear up.
"Hanni-" Minji tried her hardest not to hug the crying girl, she wasn't sure what was pushing her to care and towards the latter. As if it was instinct that she does. It was wrong, she knows that.
"No, this has to stop, you're not gonna keep torturing me or Danielle like this. You've done it before but this time I'm stopping you from doing it again." She steps closer and throws punches at Minji but every strike were caught by the latter's hands.
"Please leave me alone, don't make me fall in love with you again. It hurts to be the second option, using sweet words and kind gestures to soften me up, because I'm vulnerable. Minji I can't do this, I'm waiting for someone and I've already done something I know she'll hate me for."  Minji gripped Hanni's wrist and pulled her closer, Caressing her chin softly and looking into her eyes.
"Kim Minji-" She kissed her again, As if Hanni was Minji's addiction, her mistake, again.
"That's my kiss goodbye, I'm so sorry for everything." Hanni's hands rested on Minji's chest. Both were frozen on their spot.

ADOR City, New Community Park
Haerin's Point Of View

After I sobered up Eugene, we decided to take a stroll at the park, it's where Hanni and I usually met up before, I haven't told anyone that I was back, Hyein probably already told the others that I've been working with her and Danielle. Who was surprisingly easy to work with, The tension on the first few weeks of working with her was quickly replaced with a familiar comfort.

"So if you were a cat, would you be a small one like a Sphynx, Siamese, or Ragdoll. Would you be a big cat like a tiger or a Jaguar." Eugene's arm was hooked to mine as we wandered around.
"I think I wanna be a Jaguar, like the fierce one."
"Oh! I wanna be Ragdoll, My sister had one, it was hella adorable." We continued to talk about random things, like what kind of vegetable we'd be, or if we'd be a mouse or a hamster in our next life.

We reached the playground side of the park, where my favorite swing was, when I saw a familiar short figure, and a surprisingly tall one holding the other one by the wrist.

"Hanni? And...Minji" I silently mumbled but Eugene turned to me with a questioning look.
"Ha-What? Min-Who?" She asked. My eyes were glued to them, my feet planted firmly on the ground, and my fists balled until my knuckles turned white.
"What the hell is going on! Who are you staring at." Eugene asked and followed my piercing gaze towards the two figures.

Narrator's Point Of View

The sight broke Haerin back into a million pieces, as if the time she had spent in London was nothing. The girls kissed, a long one, she wasn't sure if the short.firm she'd been staring at kissed back. Whether she did or she didn't, Haerin was beyond hurt, she couldn't bear to look at this anymore and she started walking away, heading back towards her car, leaving Eugene behind, where the girl witnessed Hanni slap Minji. 'Rin! You left too soon.' Eugene internally screamed at her best friend.

"Maybe a happy ending was never meant to happen in my story, I tried to better myself for you, to fix myself because you don't deserve half a woman, you deserve all of me I could possibly give."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Note: I'm causing Haerin so much pain, I'M SORRY! It'll get better, I promise. On a brighter note, she's finally back.