5. What Should I Do?

ابدأ من البداية

By the time they arrived at the restaurant, it was already 11 o'clock, not yet the lunch break, so the place was not crowded. The waiter led them to the second floor. The husband had arrived earlier. Accompanying him was not his wife but a young man whom Krist knew very well - Chimon.

They greeted each other happily. Krist and Chimon were so excited - Chimon couldn't believe that the kind man helping his sister that day was Krist, a good friend of his, and Krist also had the similar thoughts - so the pregnant woman he helped at the bakery had a younger brother, and turned out he was Chimon. 

The boy turned to look at his brother-in-law...

"P'Lee, this is my drum teacher, he is a genius drummer at the studio."

"Ey, genius what? Don't embarrass me, this kid!" Krist smiled from ear to ear when hearing the compliment from Chimon, his eyes a little shiny. 

A small smile was seen on Gawin's face. He found the whole situation interesting, Lee - Chimon's brother-in-law, seemed like a good, funny guy. He couldn't stop telling the story of his wife's fast recovery even though she had just given birth last night and was currently taken care of by his mother in the hospital.

"Fah is quite upset because she can't come see you two today. It's still a bit hard for her to go out, but she hopes that she will be able to cook for you two a meal in the future. We also want you guys to meet our baby."

"My sister is really a good cook, you two have to try it someday." Chimon added while happily munching the chicken wing.

They talked a lot about everything, even Gawin showed his humorous side which Krist had not seen in their previous meetings, he kept smiling, and his black orbs sparkled. It turned out that he was not always as serious and calm as he appeared.

Krist got along with everyone quickly, he was the friendly and cute type. Seeing a 28-year-old man who seemed unapproachable at first but had an extremely childish personality made the mature Gawin feel a bit strange, but that energy of Krist did bring everyone closer. 

The way he put his chin in the palm of his hand, looking a bit upset when the food took a long time to arrive, but he smiled right away once he got to taste it. Krist was so like a little boy in Gawin's eyes, even though he was two years older than him. Like the time he saw him sleepily waking up at the doorstep of the clinic, his smile was bright and innocent like reed flowers, not too radiant but unforgettable.

Gawin made an excuse to go to the restroom. 

Krist walked in while he was washing his hands, so Gawin decided to wait for him. When Krist walked out of the stall, he noticed that Gawin leaning his back against the sink with the phone lit in his hand. 

Krist accidentally saw the phone wallpaper which was a girl with a pure and innocent face.

"Is that your girlfriend? She looks so kind!"

"Yes, she is indeed very kind." Gawin answered and brought the phone closer so that Krist could see the photo more clearly. 

He exclaimed happily when he spotted the safety pin earrings, "Ya! I also have this earring, it's a symbol of the act to against discrimination, everyone is safe -  no matter who they are or where they come from."

Gawin didn't really cared about these topics, and his girlfriend rarely showed him her stuff, so it was not until Krist told him that he knew what it meant. He looked at the hanging cross earring on Krist's left ear and all of sudden felt curious about the meaning behind it.

After saying goodbye to P'Lee and Chimon, Krist drove Gawin to the clinic and then went home to rest. He really loved sleeping, but he loved his cats the most. Krist initially had a sphynx cat named Pluto, but because he was busy with work and afraid that Pluto might feel lonely, he adopted one more hairy short-legged cat named Muffin to play with Pluto.