The New Girl

It's my first day in smallville. It seems like a stupid place. My dad travels a lot for work and we are constantly moving. I wish we could just stop and actually live in the same house for more than 5 months.

     I just hope that if that does happen it wouldn't be this place.

      The car stopped and I looked out the window. Nothing but grass and fields. Our house the being the only structure in sight.

   "Ugh! Why do we have to live in a town that barely has any people! Living all the way out here isn't going to help me make friends either!" I was furious. My dad knows I want to make friends yet he is doing nothing to help me.

    "It's a good change from the city... it's nice and quiet and peaceful." My dad sighs.

    "Why couldn't we just move to metropolis. I mean that's where your work is going to take place. They have good schools and we would be constantly surrounded by people when we go outside..." I was quiet for a moment. "It would be easier for me to make friends..." I muttered.

    "Come on (Y/N) you'll make plenty of friends tomorrow when you go to school. Now go to your room and unpack." My dad opened his car door and admired the house.

     I opened the trunk and took out my black backpack. I walked up and went inside of my room. Absolute emptiness. This is the part I hated, having to unpack knowing that we could move just next month.

    I opened my bag and got out some extra pair of black converse, shirts and pants, and my sketchbook. I couldn't go anywhere without my sketchbook, it was my life.

    I walked up the mirror and looked at my hair. What a mess. I brushed my sandy blonde hair and put it in a messy bun. Perfect. I had nothing to do all day so I put my headphones on and started to listen to fall out boy. I'm so different and no one understands me... at least fall out boy does.

       I search google for fun things to do in smallville. Surprisingly there was nothing.

    I put my head down and laid back in my bed. My eyes almost closed but suddenly my dad pulled off my head phones.

    "What?" I said confused.

    "It turns out we do have neighbors a couple blocks away and they have a kid your age who goes smallville high school. Maybe you two will become friends." My dad said hoping to make me happy.

     "That's pretty cool." I say maybe now I'll make some friends hoping that they become more permanent.

    "Yeah they want to welcome us to the neighborhood so they'll be coming by in about 2 hours." My dad said walking out of the room.

    I really hope me and the girl get along and she's not some preppy popular girl because then we would have nothing in common because I'm so different and nobody understands me.

    I did want to dress to impress so I didn't wear a band shirt. I threw on a black laced t-shirt and some low rise jeans.

   I walked downstairs and turned on the tv. Nothing good was on so I just decided to watch the news and lay down. And I did that for about an hour and a half. The new neighbors would be coming over in about 30 minutes.

     I went back to watching the news. This is another example of how different I am... no girls my age watch the news. I grabbed a nearby book and looked at the cover "moby dick" a classic read. I've read the book about 3 times. I guess that just shows how smart I am. Most kids my age don't read classics especially Moby Dick because they are just all immature and don't have the brain to read it.

    I stared to read the first chapter, I might as well read it a 4th time while I'm here, when I heard a knock at the door and 3 different voices. I waited about 3 seconds for my dad to answer it until he said, "hey (Y/N) can you get that."

     I was never the social kind especially when meeting new people but I got up and answered the door.

     I turned the knob and slowly opened the door. WOW. I couldn't believe my eyes! There was a HOT man right in front of my face smiling at me. My eyes went wide and my face turned red. I quickly snapped out of it.

    "Um hello." The boy was cut off by his father.

     "We are the Kent's and we wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood." His dad said with a smile.

    "Thank you. Oh come in." I moved out of the way. The Kent's walked through the door. The boy looked at me and smiled. Gosh he was so cute.

     "Oh hello. Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier." My dad comes in the room and shakes hands with everyone. "Wow son you have a firm handshake." He says to the boy.

     "thank you sir." The boy smiles.

    "I'm Lawrence, (Y/N)'s father." The Kent's look at me and smile then look at each other.

    "Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Martha." The woman says.

    "I'm Jonathan." The man says putting a hand on the boys shoulder.

     "I'm Clark." The boy smiled and looked over to me. My face turned red again. I hope no one noticed. I smiled back.

      "Well I can cook some lunch and we can get to know each other more." My dad says waiting for a response. 

      "Oh thank you that would be great." Martha says smiling again. This family sure likes to smile.

    "Clark (Y/N) is looking for some friends and she hasn't done anything all day would you two want to talk or hang out?" My dad says basically embarrassing me.

    "That would be great." He says flashing his pearly whites at me. I sure do like his smile.

     "Um we could take a walk, the weather is great out." He said looking at me. I looked at him with my sparkly blue orbs.

    "That would be great, she needs to get outside more often." My dad said chuckling.

    "Yeah that sounds good." I said. We both walked outside.

"So this house has a pretty view." Clark said looking at me. OMG he called ME pretty since I live here and he said the house has a pretty view!

    "Um yeah." I said blushing and tucking my hair behind my ear.

    "*sigh* I hope you like our school. It's fun most of the time." He says smiling.

   "Heh... yeah I hope so too." My wavy blonde hair shines in the sun as me and Clark start and end our walk.

      Tomorrow is my first day of smallville high... I hope I'm not the new girl everyone hates but everyone likes...heh but I'll probably be an outcast because I'm so different...