Chapter 31: Just seemed cold but is actually caring.

Start from the beginning

"Eh?"

Mocha-san tilted her head even more, confused at how the others were reacting, seemingly trying to hold their laughter's.

When she was running simulations inside her head, in the worst case scenario, they would hate her for sucking at the game, and the best outcome would be them not caring at all. However, she did not expect this kind of atmosphere, even being praised and treated like a hero(sarcastically).

"What do you mean...?"

She finally asked as to what they actually meant, expecting to reach a conclusion as to why they were reacting like that.

"You didn't know...? Oh yeah, you just transferred so you wouldn't!"

Class Rep Hitomi-san then proceeded to explain why they thought of Mocha-san as someone courageous like a hero, not like being disappointed like she was assuming.

"Actually, the upperclassmen we were up against were athletes who reached the nationals last season."

"Eh?!"

"Yeah, our school has always been a power house in various sports. We wouldn't even dare to try blocking their spikes. That's why we think of Mocha-san as the bravest out of all of us for taking the hit head on. Pfft."

"Stop laughing, Haru-san."

The other classmates explained, while comfortably fooling around.

Looking back, the upperclassmen performed really well in their volleyball match. They manage to find a weakness in their team and accurately targeted it which is Mocha-san. They properly receive the ball even at hard to reach and awkward places and. Also displayed great team work when receiving and attacking.

If you think about it now, they didn't have a chance of winning to begin with looking at how big the skill difference is compared to the enemy team.

Mocha-san remembered how exactly they played and realized that none of her teammates even tried blocking the ball even once.

'Now that they mention it... But I guess that's a relief rather than them hating me ...a little heads-up would have been nice tho...'

Mocha-san felt that the bravery she showed was just her being unnecessary. However, she finds herself being relieved as no one seems to be angry at the poor performance she showed in the court.

"Sigh. I see... S, so it was just me being unnecessary, huh. Hahaha..." Mocha-san awkwardly laughed.

"No. M, Mocha-san was great!"

Class Rep Hitomi-san retorted, then thought of something to cheer her up.

"Y, you were like a real shojo heroine."

"W-Where did you hear that from!?" Mocha-san inquired with embarrassment.

"You were mumbling about it earlier... was I not supposed to say that?"

"N, never mind... Please forget about it."

"Anyway, Mocha-san was the person who contributed the most in our team."

"R, really?"

'I don't remember doing that much tho...'

"You really did your best on diverting the enemy's attention!" complimented by Class Rep Hitomi-san while giving her a thumbs up.

'I... don't think that's a good compliment.'

As Hitomi tried complimenting her, Mocha-san had flashbacks of how she practically became a meat target and even got hit hard enough in the face to be sent to the infirmary.