Chapter 1: The Unmotivated Bastard and the Lazy Genius

Start from the beginning

But he is notorious for being a truant but that was because despite the achievement of being admitted in second year without prior magical education, no one really pays attention to him.

But the teachers also admitted to this fault as they never paid attention to such a student.

Although even if he is in class, he'll just sleep. Albus' reason for doing so is that the lectures are too boring and he already knew the principles of the lessons.

That is why he is spending time borrowing books in the library and then practicing magic in the alchemy room, in secret.

To Albus, learning the fundamentals are essential to be a mage. But he considers magic not only something to be properly used.

He considers it as a part of a human's soul, a part of oneself that needs to be nurtured.

The reason why he had such a view about magic will be a story for another time.

Back to where Albus is, he just arrived in the academy, 15 minutes before the class begins.

In order not to gather attention, he just blends with the other students, and enters the classroom in a silent manner.

Once he got to his seat, he decided to pull out the book he just borrowed from the library and continued to read it to pass time until the teacher arrives.

Albus is aware that their homeroom teacher suddenly quit for unknown reasons. Albus didn't even care about this.

Until he noticed that his classmates are wondering why the substitute teacher hasn't arrived yet.

Some began saying that it's almost half of the period.

Albus: Doesn't matter, I don't care. I don't want to move so much today, so I'll be taking my sweet nap so that I have the strength for my part-time job tomorrow.

Albus decided to sleep for the rest of the period....

Until his sleep was disturbed by the sound of arguing.

He stirs awake from the loud voices of two people arguing. Also, to his surprise.....

He is familiar with the arguing voices.

Albus gently rubs his eyes and adjusts his vision to see what is going on.

He looks at the board and saw a man with black hair that is tied to a low ponytail....

Albus: That's.....Glenn.....Glenn Radars!

Albus: What in the world is he doing here? Also, why is he arguing with......

His gaze goes to a girl with white hair and green eyes.

Albus: Ah....Sistine Fibel, that girl is always nagging at everyone.