Chapter 20: A Dragon in Wolf's Clothing

Börja om från början

He had forced Jon to swear on his honor never to speak those foreign words again. 

Later he found out that the words were high Valyrian and his confusion with the shadow-haired guardian angel only grew. As time passed, he grew to believe she would never return, he would never hear those ancient words again. 

His eyes caught a fleeing hooded figure and without a word, took off. Robb, Theon, and Bran called after him but he couldn't hear past the sound of his heart pumping in his ears. 

"Drakari pykiros. Tīkummo jemiros. Yn lantyz bartossa. Saelot vāedis" Her voice echoed off the walls of Winterfell. People stopped to listen to the ancient language, enchanted by the voice that wielded it. Her song held a bit of magic, curling around the teen and filling his soul with a beloved warmth, just like when he was a child.

"Hen ñuhā elēnī: Perzyssy vestretis. Se gēlȳn irūdaks. Ānogrose. Perzyro udrȳssi. Ezīmptos laehossi. Hārossa letagon. Aōt vāedan. Hae mērot gierūli: Se hāros bartossi. Prūmȳsa sōvīli. Gevī dāerī" 

He ran faster than he ever had before sliding through the gates until he found himself just outside the Weirwood. 

There under its sacred red leaves, she stood, lowering the black hood of her cloak. She hadn't aged a day, she was still the most beautiful woman to ever walk the earth. That heated fire lit up his veins, flowing through him and bringing him back to life. He felt like for the first time since he was a child, he could breathe again. 

"Hello, ñuha prūmia." Her voice stilled his beating heart yet again as he froze in place, staring at her like the moment he blinked she'd be gone again. 

"Gana..." He whispered her name like a prayer, memories filled his head of the only time in his life he felt completely and unconditionally loved. 

"You've grown handsome." Her blunt, unfiltered nature peeked through even after years of traveling through Westeros and navigating its harsh politics. 

"You remain as beautiful as you always were..." Jon answered softly, his pale cheeks blushing under her scrutiny. 

Her eyes scanned over his grown features. His cheekbones had sharpened, his nose more defined and sculpted. He was beautiful in the way all Valyrians were beautiful. She saw the purple hue in his dark eyes when the light hit them just right. For a moment she imagined him with silvery white hair and it hit her, he looked like Aegon the Conqueror. 

"You look a lot like someone I used to know," Morgana admitted before she could stop herself. 

Jon just smiled, in four long strides he was before her, pulling her into his embrace. She melted into his warm hold, refamiliarizing herself with the flow of the bond between them. 

"I missed you... I didn't think you were coming back... I didn't think you were real at all." Jon admitted, his deep voice muffled by her hair. 

"I promised I would... Come back that is... I didn't promise I'd be real. I thought that self-explanatory enough but I will be more thorough in the future." Though she was being dead serious Jon laughed at what he thought was a joke. 

Though he was young, Jon was still considerably taller than her. Boys raised in the north had a nasty habit of growing to be enormous rather fast. While Targaryens were more lean and toned and built for flying, Starks were more stout and tall built to withstand the harsh wind of winter. The combination made for a rather perfect specimen in Morgana's humble opinion. 

Jon took a step back but grabbed her hand to maintain some form of contact between them, refusing to lose the humming magic of the bond between them even for a moment.