Chapter 0 [ Prologue ]

Noritoshi Kamo was a vile person so much so that he would be considered a blight, a stain to the esteem Kamo Clan.

During the Meiji Era , that Noritoshi Kamo found a woman, she wasn't anything but mediocre a plain look with a plain personality with a plain family background except one thing, she would birth human-cursed spirit hybrid

It was recorded in history that Noritoshi Kamo had apparently taken the woman as his prisoner for his intellectual curiosity, with him having performed numerous experiments with her that resulted in her having nine pregnancies and nine abortions that lead to the creation of the nine Cursed Womb: Death Paintings but one was left out.

Be it for it curiosity or simply sexual desire, Noritoshi Kamo had impregnated the lady himself but the child was said to be a still born.

"How boring...." He mumbled, his eyes were cold with no affection or worry for the woman who had to bear his child as he turned to midwife. "Dispose of the child and inform me when that can be once again impregnated."  With that he left.

The woman weeped. The midwife wondered if it was for herself or the child she had lost but without a word she scoops up the child into a blanket as walks towards the weeping woman. "My lady... Would you like to hold him?" The mid wife smiles sadly as the new born still remains unmoving in her arms. This one shared looks to an actual human.

The woman nods as she sets herself upright, still trying to contain herself from crying as she slowly brings herself to hold the child from the mid wife. "My baby... my beautiful boy...." She leans down as she places a gentle kiss.

As if the gods were pitying her, the baby stirs which makes the only two individual in the room still. A cry then engulfs the room. The baby was alive!

"Kuuji-San..." The woman says as her body seems to tremble. " please save this baby... If Noritoshi-sama were to learn the baby was alive, he would definitely lead experiments on him similar to I."

The mid wife, Kuuji, stills in confusion, she was as well be betting her life if she were to do it but over years she had served Noritoshi Kamo; she felt nothing but sorrow for the lady infront of her. Kuuji outstretched her arms as she takes the baby who had stopped crying but stirred,alive. "My lady it would be an honor."

With that the mid wife runs, runs and runs. She nurses the baby as best she could and hides the baby as quietly as she could till her very last day. Kuuji could say that decision was her very pride as the boy who she helped survive and raised would be known as Kuuji Shōin, a famed sorcerer who was said to have curses hide due to his very presence bringing unprecedented peace in every land he stepped on.

Kuuji Shōin dies at the age of 36 due to an illness but the blood runs through and a clan was born which honors the midwife  who raised him; The Kuuji Clan.