4 • memories of college

• chapter warnings: spoilers for s1e18, guns, mention of stalking, swearing •

previously:

"Well, this one is going to cost you," replied Prentiss, before pulling the tape out of the camera. "Well, no! That's just wrong."

"Tell that to your lawyer." Derek grabbed the guy again and lead him away, as Emily handed Spencer the tapes. "You're welcome."

•••

Lila sat on her couch inside of her home after the incident with the photographer. Spencer went back to the police station with Emily and Derek so that he could change into dry clothes, and Violet stayed with Lila.

"Lila?" The agent looked concerned. "Are you okay?"

The actress sniffed, tears running down her cheeks. "Michael was like family."

"I'm so sorry." Violet sat down next to her and wrapped one arm around her. "It's just so hard to trust people out here. You don't know who to believe. Everybody wants something from you. That's why I thought Spencer was different."

Violet sighed. "I don't know him very well, this is my first case with the Behavioural Analysis Unit. I told him not to tell you. I'm sorry." The agent removed her hand from Lila's shoulder.

"You know the last time I was able to fully trust someone was at Juilliard? Before I was a somebody."

Violet spaced out and frowned, looking at the Collage in Lila's room. "Juilliard.... And didn't you say you used to live on Houston Street?"

"What?"

"You were a waitress, you lived on Houston?" The agent kept looking at the collage as if trying to piece something together.

"Yeah."

"I need to take this thing apart." Violet gestured to the photo collage. The actress frowned, "What?"

"I'll put it back. I think I see images of you."

Lila let Violet take the pieces of the picture apart and they laid it out on her kitchen table, putting all of the parts together. "Lila, it looks like someone's been stalking you for years. This tells your whole life story. Movie premieres, theater playbills. Everything since college."

Lila looked devastated. "That's our country house. Right here." She pointed to one of the pictures. "Who gave you this collage?" Violet asked.

"He did." She gestured to a guy seen on the collage. "This guy? Isn't he the guy Spencer went to high school with? Patker Dunley?" Violet pulled out her cell, calling the IT-Specialist.

"Garcia. Parker Dunley. E-Mail me a sheet on him, alright?"

•••

Derek, Emily and Rossi decided to pay Parker a visit, but it turned out he didn't make the collage. He lied to make the actress like him. A girl named Maggie Lowe gave the artwork to the artist. Her and Lila went to college together.

Violet picked up her phone with Rossi on it. "We have a name. Maggie Lowe. She's the UnSub. She's on Lila's show. We're on our way."