Sithara felt constricted as Daniya's harsh words echoed in her ears. Daniya told her that she regretted befriending Sithara. She called her a bitch, a snake, a slut, a home wrecker and what not. It was purely selfish and mean of her to say those things to her and not give her a chance to justify. Truly, sometimes she couldn't help but wonder where she got the will to forgive her for having abandoned her when she needed her the most!

That night, Sithara not only lost Arsalan but Daniya too. The two of them emptied her life without once realising they were the fulcrum of it. They just left her, left her alone to save their own lives, left her all alone to be devoured by a beast.

The heaviness in her chest grew as Ammi endlessly spoke about the good old days but all Sithara could think of was the time she foolishly and naively approached Ranbir's mother on her visit to their house when he had beat her. She simply adviced her to ignore it and be a little more cooperative because men are violent. Just like how Ammi had told her to forget about Arsalan because men are cheaters, they are shallow, they tend to get bored of their wives and find love outside. Ranbir had hit her again that night, more brutally, to punish her for having addressed him and his behavior with his mother. Like how Arsalan had actually let her go so easily and moved on with his Madhia again after her marriage to Ranbir and even had a child. Men.

Sithara vividly remembered it was this same place; Arsalan was sat where he was, over a call on his phone, with his Mac and Ipad on the table and hundreds of papers and Madhia adjacent to him with his meal. He looked busy so he refused to eat. He threw tantrums at Madhia as she fed him, shaking his head with every bite but eating nevertheless as she pouted. He then said no out loud, putting his phone down but Madhia didn't give up. She knew she could make him listen to her and that expression on her face stirred Sithara's heart as she watched them from outside whilst waiting for Daniya. Sithara regretted coming to their house. She believed London had made her stronger but her courage broke at his sight on the first day itself.
Seeing them together as a married couple inflicted ache but still she couldn't make herself look away from them.

Madhia insisted. She persuaded him for the last five bites and he ate even after saying no for each of them. "No more, it's final." Arsalan finally declared, meaning it this time, his voice a little stern and dissociated but soon an explanation followed when Madhia didn't reply but just look at him as if that was enough to make him do what she wanted. "I'm full." He added but she didn't yeild. "Just last bite. For me." She said with conviction.

For her. Sithara wondered if this was how it worked between them because she doubted if she could ever dare and make Arsalan do something for her for her sake. It was always Sithara who listened to him and the same followed.

"For you?" Arsalan raised his eyes, surprised, his gaze condescending, mischief and mockery on the brim. Sithara could not have expected him to act in any other way. He would have teased Sithara just the way he teased Madhia right then at the demand.

It hurt Sithara to once again realise that there was truly nothing between them, between Arsalan and her because Madhia had replaced her so easily and he was just the same. It didn't matter to him who the woman was. He treated them all same. It broke Sithara's determination one more time. How could she be so silly and fall for a treacherous man?

Madhia felt awkward and shy. Her cheeks turned red and finally her grit broke. She was unsure if that was the right thing to say. Arsalan would make her woman feel that, he always behaved unachievable, invincible that even as his wife Madhia could not claim him as hers. Sithara wondered what her reaction would have been if it were her, the answer was mostly the same, and she hated it.

Madhia was about to get up and leave when Arsalan held her hand and made her put the last bite in his mouth with a smug smile. She was mesmerized. Madhia blushed profusely, her eyes shining, her cheeks popping up in a smile. He made her happy probably how he would have made Sithara happy if she were at her place or maybe not. Madhia quickly pecked his lips and handed him a glass of water telling she was waiting for him in the bedroom.