03| Lockdown

03| Lockdown

Until college Sithara did not realise how precious sleeping is going to be to her. She always used to hate her mother for caging her onto the bed for naps and sleeps. Sithara cheated & tricked her to escape the room and play but little did she know that she will have to struggle to get a peaceful sleep for the rest of her life once her childhood ends.

Lectures, friends, assignments, parties, exams hardly allowed her to have a routine during her degree and when she finally joined the practice sleep became her favorite luxury. The court never allowed her to sleep without worrying about the paper that's missing from a document which runs into thousands of pages or the hearing. And before Sithara could swipe to sit at home and enjoy being a wife she had children.

"Jaan." Sithara snuggled into the blanket, loving the cold air from the AC, unaffected by light & motion in the room. Every inch of her body literally ached and her mind just wanted to numb itself for a day or two.

"Sithara." She heard again but she couldn't make herself to respond to Arsalan. Her mind was utterly shut. 

"What's wrong with you Sithara??" Arsalan's angry voice rained upon her as he pulled the quilt from over her head exposing her to the bright rays of the sun.

She jolted up, with a sharp pain running across her forehead and her eyes unable to adjust to the light as couldn't process a thing. "Arsalan." She mumbled in shock.

His features were red in wrath, exasperation carved all over his face. She did not understand what was wrong. "How long do you plan to keep on sleeping???"

"Arsalan!" She muttered under her breath. She did not get his point.

"It's three already??? Ammi has been doing everything alone since morning.."

Sithara's eyebrows forrowed. "She was waiting for you so long to have lunch, your children are creating a ruckus, Arryn has not taken a bite since morning..She has to look after Abba.."

"Han toh you could have helped her Arsalan!!" Arsalan's accusing tone infuriated Sithara. "It's not my job alone."

"Of course, I should have while also attending the clients yah??" Arsalan responded sharply.

She opened her mouth to answer back but she gulped on her words realising it was useless to defend. "Fuck it." She murmured, storming off the bed.

"Shardul stop giving me excuses and get the damn work done in an hour.." Arsalan rebuked on the call unbothered of anything else.

@Sithara im posting like my age

"Arryn!" He pouted at me. "Amma no more." I shook my head at his words. "Just five more bites."