SID

It's been 7 years, it feels yesterday. "HEY SID " What's up? come here! we have been waiting for you. When did you come back from US? Avi says. Last month I replied. EXCITED, I stare at my school campus, all the memories coming back. I loved being here, and I did make sure that every time I come back Mumbai, I visit my school. luckily this year, the board members of school changed and decided to have an alumni meet and great session, its easy this way I can meet everyone here after a long time, and if I get lucky ill meet her {especially her}. I could've have met everyone else outside campus, one of the main reasons coming here is being able to meet her, it's been 7 years, my heart aches to see her, physically, I hope this comes true today.

Where are you lost bro Avi questions. ah, nothing, just got nostalgic. how are you? Did you get your dream job, and also where is everyone else? " Yeah, I did and there's so much to catch up, but we are late they are all inside, come let's go. You know everyone is here, whole class, it's going to be so much fun. Right?" WHOLE CLASS? I ask, he nods YEAH!! Avi and I went inside, it was quiet, everyone was assembled in auditorium. We got inside, I saw my other friends, seated in one of the rows back with rest of our classmates. I waved at them all, we shared a group hug. Avi and I quickly then took our seats.

Everyone was there, from our section and the other except her and yes, her best friend. I was anyway foolish for getting my hopes up, she never shows up to such events, she even missed our class reunion twice in last 7 years. Both of which were apparently hosted by me, just in hopes that I would meet her. I keep getting her regular updates though, not from her obviously! She is in her final year of medical college. She has aced every other exam in medical like she did in school. Yes, she managed to make some real good friends in college just like school but less in number. She never believed in big friend circles, even in school She had her trio, consisting of Isha, Kiara and her. Her father is like state's one of the most influential and powerful politicians. KIRIT DESAI, the man everyone fears out of respect, He is very good person, he's not like other politicians out there, he loves his work, and if I say he singlehandedly owns Mumbai I might not be wrong. But everyone has flaws, his was with such great powers come responsibilities, having served state for 20 years and still going, he had no time for family. My father, Ashish Malhotra, the top businessman in country happens to be very good friends with her father. We have common social circles, even then it was hard to be in touch with her, because she never cared to be there, in all the trips, dinner parties, festivities and other social gatherings are families attended. I am kind of close with her brother Rian Desai, not that much but good enough to sometime randomly bring her sister in conversations whenever I meet him, just to know about her. He is four years younger than me and has just joined college last year. he is brilliant, just like the rest of family it's in his genes, He is after all Kirit Desai's son. I also sometimes take updates from Isha; she is my second cousin as well. Isha knows about my feelings but somehow, I managed to convince her for not saying it all loud to her best friend. It was so hard to keep her mouth shut, and I am glad she didn't say a word to her. Isha was here today; I saw her sitting two rows front of me with other girls of our class. I didn't know she was coming here today; I haven't talked to her in a while, last I checked she was in Africa for a wild photography campaign, she's a wildlife photographer, who started her internship with top institute last year.

The event began, everyone became quiet, the whispering stops as the anchors take their position. Something is different this time, she's not here but somehow, I am not disappointed. I feel her, I have this very strong feeling that she'll be here today, and I am so sure. It's like my heart is connected to her and I already feel it coming out of my chest, just the way it used to every other fucking time when I used to see her in school or outside, ANYWHERE even in pictures.