Closer

Y/n was the talk of the school. Everyone had found out that she was Y/n Y/l/n.

They whispered as she walked past in her huge group of slytherin girls.

She had changed on the outside, but she was still Y/n Y/l/n on the inside. She didn't show it anymore.

Mattheo refused to believe he was completely and utterly obsessed with her.

"Y/n, let's go to the library to do the project." Mattheo said. Y/n nodded and walked into the library.

They sat in silence for a while. Y/n was writing about wolfsbane whilst Mattheo started looking for potion instructions.

Y/n leaned over to Mattheo.

"What have you found?" She asked. He looked up at her with his puppy dog brow eyes.

"Only love potion stuff." He said.

"You smell really good today." Y/n said and sat back in her seat. "I guess I now know what amortia smells like." She said, picking her nails.

Mattheos head snapped up.

"It's a joke!" She laughed. Mattheo raised his brows.

"You think that." He responded and carried on flicking through the pages.

Y/n chuckled and went back to writing. "We could do love potion instead. I mean, I've already written all about wolfsbane, but I don't mind scrapping it. You can only find amortia in those books. We might as well do it." She mused.

Mattheo looked up. "Sure." He said. He handed the girl some books, and she started on a new sheet of paper.

"So, are you ever going to tell me why you never wrote back?" Mattheo said.

Y/n dropped her quill. "No. I just stopped." She said.

Mattheo lifted her head. "That's not the Y/n I left. She wouldn't have done that." He said gently.

"I c-cant say." She responded. She pushed Mattheos' hand off her.

"Please, you know you can trust me." He said.

"Shut. Up." She stated.

"I can't. You have to understand." She said.

"Who said that." The boy replied.

"My dad." She retorted. "Why?" He pushed.

The girl stood up. "YOU WANT TO KNOW! FINE! MR RIDDLE I STOPPED WRITING BACK BECAUSE MY DAD SAID IF I DID HE WOULD KILL ME. RIP OFF MY PARTS ONE BY ONE WHILST I WAS STILL ALIVE! HE THREATEND THAT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN IF I DID." She screamed.

"HE TRIED TO DO IT ANYWAY! YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, OKAY! SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" She yelled, breaking down into tears.

Mattheo sat there in silence, watching the crying girl.

Y/ns memories were forcing their way back into her head. Her dad yelled. Her screaming in pain. Crying every night. Worrying about Mattheo.

"I'm so sorry." He said. The girl looked up. "Yeah, well, it's too late for an apology. It's already happened." She said.

"If you had stayed, none of this would have happened!" He yelled.

"Mattheo, my mum was beating me! I had to leave. I didn't know my father was a deatheater!" She shouted.

"We wouldn't have changed! I wouldn't be doing the stupid things I do today!" He said.

"Stop being selfish!" Y/n cried.

Mattheo pushed over the table. "Why is this world so stupid!" He said.

"Matt." Y/n said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Mattheo glanced up at her, smiling at the old nickname he loved.

He ran over to the broken girl and hugged her tightly.

"Looks like the big bad Mattheo isn't so bad after all." She said.

"I'm so sorry, love." He said. Y/n smiled. "You're forgiven." She replied.