One for 5.

One for 11.

And two for 12.

Katniss crouched near to a bush, peaking out of it.

It was so silent.

That was until the girl she called fox face ran out and grabbed the bag with D5 on it, running back in the forest.

Seeing no one else come, She came out, jogging to the table.

But Clove, oh Clove, came barreling out from behind the cornucopia, and despite being smaller, impacted with so much strength that both fell in a heap.

Katniss kicked her away, backing up to shoot at her but the arrow was dodged by the career who threw a knife at her.

Maybe it was for moments like these that her altercations with Percy back in 12 helped because she had been thrown down so many time followed by an attack that she moved to dunk her head, yes the knife sliced her across the forehead but she remembers Percy's getting pissed off at hurting her head against the hard head instead of the softer face... Not the best strategy but she avoided a knife to the face as the tribute threw herself at her.

"No!" She called out as her bow was kicked away and a foot pressed on her wrist, pinning it, kneeling on her chest with the other.

Using the free one to grab at the wrist of the girl that was trying to stab her, holding the wrist that was stabbing the knife down towards her throat, using the other to push on it with a sick smile.

"Oh you want this for your friend? Mercy was it? I honestly never cared about her but I'd love to see her face now. Now you'll need to live your shot life knowing not only did we kill her but also your little friend from before, Rue... How does it feel to have failed two people that counted on you to help them? The girl on fire burnt out miserably."

Katniss couldn't even reply before the big strong peacechild from 11, Tresh was it? Just stomped up behind Clove and threw her off Katniss like if she was a wet sponge, hitting the cornucopia loudly.

"You! You killed her?!" He picked her up, slamming her back against the metal. He was not meant to, being a candidate, but her had gotten close to that little girl, some might even say friends, and now he was staring down her killers.

"N-no... No." Clove whispered out.

"I heard you!! It was you wasn't it?!" He slammed her back again as Katniss sat on the ground with wide eyes. "Say it!!"

"Cato!!" She screamed in fear. "Cato!!"

"Clove!!" The faraway scream of Cato was heard. (Because in the book he actually called out to her and mourned her death by holding her body and crying, begging her to come back to him.)

"Say it!!" This last slam was followed by a loud snap and he dropped the body, heaving in anger as he looked at the terrified girl from the lower district.

She too, it seems, had gotten a candidate to protect her, seems like all they had been taught was faulse.

"This once 12." He promised, he'd kill her next time. "For Rue." He grabbed his bag and ran.

"Clove!!" That scream was closer, making Katniss scramble for the bow and grab the two bag, hightailing it out of there until losing breath. Not even the broken screams of the career entering the clearing slowed her sprint.

------------------------------------------