CH.10 WILL SHE COME BACK?

Start from the beginning

Marsh Hotel and Lodges Co.
Narrator's Point Of View

After her zoom class, Danielle finds herself immersed in her piling workload, she'd been working as the temporary Chief Executive Officer for their business for months, waiting and hoping that her sister would come back.

Danielle's Point Of View

"Ms. Marsh, the board of directors had sent an email for an immediate meeting, regarding the future of our company. They would like you to clear your 3pm schedule." Lee Hyein, my new intern, informed me. She's awfully familiar, I looked over to her table and stared at her for a brief moment.
"Is there something wrong?" She asked me, I squinted my eyes and tried to remember where I first saw her.
"You're awfully familiar Ms. Lee, do I know you from somewhere?" She chuckles and nods.
"Hanni Unnie's my friend from High School, I was a year younger than her. I've had the pleasure of passing by you at the halls."
"Oh my god! That's why you're familiar." I smiled at her, she was beautiful like a model you see from magazines.
"So the meeting Ms. Marsh?"
"Yes! Cancel my 3pm with the marketing team and schedule it for the board and please call me Danielle."

Board Of Directors
Narrator's Point Of View

Danielle carefully enters the meeting room with her intern by her side, she sees her father and mother sitting at the farthest part of the long table, indicating their seniority and power.

"Darling, sit down." The young woman sat down, feeling like she was on trial.
"The company has been leaderless for months since Samantha Marsh stepped down-"
"More like disappeared" Mr. Marsh was cut off by another board member who scoffed at him.
"Since then, the board has decided to appoint you as the new Chief Executive Officer, you've been working diligently, showing us your skills and potential." Ms. Shin, the vice chairperson was now the one speaking.
"We think highly of you Ms. Danielle, we entrust the company in your capable hands." She adds.

Once the meeting ended, congratulations were in order, she was now her father's pride and joy.

"We're so proud of you darling, you did great! Now look at you, our young CEO." Her mother and father continuously hugged her, and caressed her hair softly.
"She's a Marsh through and through, you're the pride of our family now, do not disappoint." Although filled with love, it was still stern and strict.

ADOR City, Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

Danielle went home with a heavy heart, grateful for the opportunity to showcase her potential but she was also afraid that she might not fulfill her duties as well as her father had hoped. The pressure was already too much, this position was time consuming, and her dream of becoming a pastry chef was now moot.

"You don't seem so excited about this." Hanni spoke, her eyes not leaving her laptop for a second, she heard her friend sigh.
"My father trained us to be this capable CEO, the pressure is too much, my father's too much."
"This is why I'm glad I'm just a common folk."
"Wow very helpful." Hanni giggles, what could she possibly say that would ease the pressure of the younger girl?
"I might not know what to say but I do know what you need, come here and give Hanni a squeeze." Hanni opens her arms and welcomes Danielle into a tight comforting hug.

London, Apartment
Narrator's Point Of View

The cat-like girl was restless, her usual sleepy nature now gone, after her friends had left she found herself in her balcony, overlooking the beautiful city, It reminded her so much of ADOR.

"I wonder how everyone's doing." She thought and sighs, not knowing what to do or think. Haerin was longing for her friends, for Hanni.
"No matter how hard you try not to miss them, you still do." His brother was her balcony door, looking at the stars.
"I do miss them, a lot actually." Haerin hangs her arms for support on the balcony rails.
"Then come back. You're almost done with dad's business here, it's been almost a year man." Soobin then mirrors her sister's current position.
"The problem is I love it here too, It made such an impact on my life already, the University is great, there are a lot of good hospitals I can do my residency in, and my friends here." Haerin was torn, The past she tried so hard to heal yet failed and the present that somehow numbed everything, which made her think that she could heal from the pain.
"You said you'd come back, you promised chaewon you'd be her prodigy, the next best thing. Your friends at home, they're also waiting for you, and of course, Hanni." Haerin turns to her brother.
"You told her that you will, not directly but in a way, the choice of words you used proved it." Soobin was right, Haerin, in a way did promise she'd come back. She'd come back a better version of herself for Hanni.
"I will come back, just not that soon. I'm enjoying life here and I'm not yet the person Hanni deserves."
"You're already the best of the best lil sis." Soobin rests an arm around Haerin shoulder.
"Such a liar, I'd jab you If you don't get off your heavy arm around me." Soobin raises her hands up in surrender.

ADOR City
Hanni's Point Of View

The fact that it's been almost a year since Haerin left, 10 months of trying to forget my feelings for her, and the thought that she might never come back. The work I've drowned myself with is gone, with the semester at an end and Yunjin stealing filming projects from me, my workload was at a minimum, I had more time to myself, to rest, and to think.

I was walking home, I didn't wanna bother Minji to pick me up, and I'd love to stroll the busy city. My feet led me to the park Haerin and I frequently visited, It was midnight but I was alone. No one was waiting for me at the swing or the park bench, no one would offer me her hand because i trip a lot, and no one to lean on when I finally felt the fatigue the long day had given me.

"Somehow you'd always find your way back to me, Kang Haerin." I whispered, staring at the bench we usually hang out at.
"It wasn't a promise but I hope you come home, I hope I'm the reason you come home. Selfish of me to say, but I'm going crazy" I sat on the bench, leaned back, and closed my eyes. I miss you, how come everything reminds me of you, even the little things in life, the way you'd roll your eyes at the slightest stupid comment, the way you nap so easily, how you like to open my phone to listen to new music.

I don't know how I ended up loving you, I just do. Even when you're so far away I can't forget you, I wake up and the first thing I think about is you. What kind of cliche tornado of feelings did you push me into.

Falling In love, it's uncontrollable

It's unexpected.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: so here we are.....she might never come back and we can end it here???....no happy ending for our Hanni Pham...or maybe not? Lemme know.