Chapter 27: "Consecutive Pseudo Vanishing Drive"

Start from the beginning

It was a move that take away the the enemy's attention, taking their eyes off from our real attacker.

It was a move I learned from master Kuroko who I considered as one of shadow heroes.

His invisibility and moving things from the background is really shadow hero like. His contribution to the team is not recognize by the spectators but is actually the heart of their team play.

He's what I like to call a shadow MVP.

'This is probably fine, right? Even though I scored a couple of points, just like Tetsuya and his Phantom shot, I returned to being invisible by giving the last points to my team, so I probably didn't stand out with them overwriting my presence.' I nodded to myself, thinking that is the case. [Yeah, no.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, on Mocha-san's side of the story, where the volleyball court is located.

What's happening. I can't see.

Because of people blocking her view. She didn't see much of the game and only saw the beginning parts of it. This is when about in my team's forth or fifth point.

"Mocha, it's our turn"

"Ah-! Y, yesh!" Mocha replied while accidentally twisting her tongue.

'Ugh, I feel like throwing up...'

Mocha became more and more anxious as she entered the battle she did not prepare for.

...

After the first batch of students to use the volleyball court finished, the time for Mocha-san and the others to use the court has arrived.

It is now time for Mocha san to fight her own battle which is finally about to begin.

The team they are up against are the upper classmen from the second years.

*Whistle*

The game started. The enemy team served.

'W-W-What should I do! I don't even know how to receive!'

The ball that was served was falling towards Mocha-san's direction.

Thinking too much what she should do, she froze in place from total nervousness.

Luckily the ball fell closer to her other teammate that was beside her so she didn't get the full responsibility of receiving the ball.

Their team properly receive the ball and somehow scored.

*Gulp*

'THAT WAS CLOSE!'

She silently screamed in her head, with shaky hands and a grim expression on her face.

The second set starts. Their team served, the ball went over the net and was received by the opposing team.

They toss the ball in the air, going for a spike.

This time, the ball really went to Mocha-san's side of their court.

'Kya!'

She reflexively moved out of the way and dodged the ball out of panic.

"Mocha-san, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine"

'N, next time for sure.'

Mocha-san was trying to get a feel of receiving, but instinctively dodged. Determined, she declared to herself to receive the ball properly next time.

The game continued, the enemy served and Mocha's/Hitomi's team successfully received the ball.