Scott's Last Chance

Start from the beginning

The next morning, Lucy comes up to her brother, who was shoveling snow out of the backyard.
"Hi, Charlie" she said with a smile, "What are you doing?"
"Just shoveling" said Charlie
"Oh." Lucy pouts before asking the big question, "Charlie, is Uncle Scott Santa Claus?"
Charlie shook his head, "No, of course not. Why would you think that?"
"I don't know. How come Uncle Scott is so sad today?"
"What made you think he was sad?"
Lucy told Charlie that Scott wasn't his usual funny self. Instead of sticking his nose up a straw to blow bubbles in his milk, he just said no. Charlie shrugged it off, thinking his father was just being over dramatic about what happened last night.

"Can you talk to him?" asked Lucy, concerned for her uncle
"I don't think so, Lucy" said Charlie, not wanting to talk to his dad
"Did you have a fight?"
"Sort of"
Lucy kept asking questions until Charlie finally told her to stop, saying they were hard questions to answer. Lucy assures them they weren't hard questions and that he shouldn't stay mad at his father forever. Especially at the fact that deep down, Charlie still loves him no matter what. Once the little girl left, Charlie thought about it for a moment. He remembered he used to say those exact words to Merry years ago when they heard about staying over for Christmas. The teenage girl wasn't very happy about it, neither was Charlie as a kid, but that didn't stop him from telling his older sister that she couldn't stay mad forever.

On the night before Christmas Eve, Scott and Lucy were playing a game of Go Fish when suddenly they heard a loud crashing noise outside. Lucy decided to check the front door to see a boy around her age with pointy ears, it was the young elf Curtis. "Is Scott here?" he asked
"Who are you?" asked Lucy
"Uh, Curtis, a friend from Buffalo"
Lucy tilts her head curiously, her green eyes staring at the young elf's ears, "Are you an elf?"
Curtis chuckles, "Of course not. Why would you ask such a silly question?"
"How come you have pointy ears"
Curtis paused, thinking of a lie, "It's... because I never ate my vegetables... Do you eat your green vegetables?"

Lucy covered her ears, calling to her uncle before running towards him out of fear. Scott checks up on the little girl until his eyes spot the familiar young elf enter the house. "Oh! Curtis! What are you doin' here?" he asked.
"There's a little trouble at the plant" Curtis lied, seeing as Lucy was still present in the room. Scott got the message and kindly asked Lucy to leave so Curtis could talk about "The plant" alone. Once the little girl was gone, Scott immediately went up to Curtis, asking what's going on and why he's here. Curtis told him about Toy Santa taking over the North Pole and threatening to give every kid in the world nothing but coal. "How come Bernard and Merry didn't come down and tell me?" asked Scott
"They're under house arrest" said Curtis, "Look, Merry told me to bring you this"
The young elf pulls out the crystal ball from his satchel, holding it toward Scott to say, "Show us The North Pole"

Within the crystal ball, Toy Santa was singing Christmas songs while the elves were carving lumps of coal with toy soldiers watching their every move. The looks on their poor faces showed fear, anger, sadness, and everything in between. Toy Santa was rather enjoying himself, shouting at the elves to get back to work before making his way to another room. The crystal ball then shows Merry and Bernard still tied in red ribbon, struggling to set themselves free until they fall to the ground. Toy Santa enters the room laughing in amusement, "Guess that ribbon was a little too strong for the happy couple" he said, "That means you two troublemakers won't be leaving any time soon"
"You won't get away with this!" yelled Bernard
"Yeah, the real Santa would be back, just wait and see!" said Merry
"Well, that's certainly not gonna happen" said Toy Santa, "You see, your pathetic dad is no longer Santa! He wasted all his magic on a girl! Can you believe it?! A girl!"
The toy laughs as if he heard the funniest joke in the world while Bernard and Merry looked at one another in shock. "Welp, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Of me" said Toy Santa, leaving the room and locking the door.

Scott watched the events of the crystal ball in shock, the madness that happened in the workshop as well as the elves in danger really crushed his heart. "You gotta fly back to the North Pole to save Christmas!" said Curtis, begging for Scott to come back. The man told the young elf that he can't go back since he had no magic left, even showing his watch which shows the dial was down to zero. This was rather frustrating for Curtis, until he remembered Santa rode with Comet, which meant he could go back without magic. However, when the two arrived out, low and behold Comet was laying on the ground with candy wrappers all around him.

Since the reindeer couldn't get the two anywhere, Scott and Curtis had to come up with another plan. After thinking for a while, they decided to call upon an old friend, the Tooth Fairy. The only way to get to him was losing a tooth. The two tried the old slamming door trick, but nothing worked, until Neil woke up to the ruckus. Surprisingly, the three had decided to do an old toaster trick, which also didn't work, except for a few bruises. Thankfully, Lucy was able to lose a tooth and placed it under her pillow. This gave Scott and Curtis the chance to catch the Tooth Fairy while Lucy was asleep. In order to catch him, Scott carefully grabs one of the Tooth Fairy's wings, slowly pulling him out of the room so he wouldn't wake up the little girl.

"What do you people want?" asked the Tooth Fairy, scared out of his wits, "I only carry $20 in change"
Scott hushed the legendary figure, "Tooth Fairy, it's me, Santa"
The Tooth Fairy wasn't convinced, seeing as the man standing before him looked nothing like the Santa he knew. Scott sighed before telling him what happened at the last meeting, saying he was the one who called him "The Molarnator" , a reference to the Terminator movie, even how he knew about his wing. The Tooth Fairy was shocked yet relieved to see his old friend, until he noticed the young elf. Scott introduced Curtis to the Tooth Fairy, who then pulled on Curtis' ears to see if they were real. "Ow" the young elf said bluntly
Tooth stood tall and salutes to Santa, "The Molarnator at your service"
Thankfully, the legendary figure accepted his friend's help, flying Santa back to the North Pole with Curtis holding on for dear life on a string of Christmas lights.