{34} WE ARE NO LONGER SAFE

Start from the beginning

Ominous Voice: Time to kill.

Sirius and Remus tightly grasped Mia's hands, seeking to offer her assurance and support in the face of the fearful situation. Meanwhile, Molly instinctively gathered her children close, enveloping them in a protective embrace, while Arthur joined in the heartfelt gesture, uniting them all in a comforting hug. Fudge, Amelia, and Umbridge were rendered unable to act, constrained to simply watch the movie, as waves of fear coursed through their bodies.

In the backdrop of fear and uncertainty, older students who had experienced a similar situation attempted to offer solace to the younger ones, assuring them that everything would be alright and that nobody perished. However, the younger children remained oblivious to their words, their focus squarely fixed on the screen, consumed by the unfolding events.

Many were too stunned to do anything else.

[she puts on her glasses and looks up at the ceiling, listening to the chilling, monstrous sounds, then comes face-to-face with Dobby, who is sitting on the edge of her bed, smiling at her]

As Dobby reappeared on the screen, his sudden and unexpected entry caused many in the room to jump in startled fear. The eerie contrast between the previous ominous message about killing and Dobby's innocuous appearance elicited a collective jolt of unease.

"Oh, God!" McGonagall gasped, her hand instinctively flying to her chest as her breath quickened, clearly caught off guard by the startling on-screen shift.

"Merlin's beard! That little house elf is going to be the death of us all from sheer shock alone!" Pansy exclaimed, attempting to steady her own racing heartbeat as she sought to regain her composure amidst the tense atmosphere.

The room filled with murmurs of agreement as others echoed Pansy's sentiments, the collective unease still lingering in the air.

Dobby: Hello.
Mia: [somewhat surprised to see him again] Dobby?
Dobby: Mia Potter should've listened to Dobby. [points at Mia] Mia Potter should've gone back home when she missed the train.

"How did he know?" McGonagall asked, her brow furrowing in confusion as she grappled with the perplexing situation.

"He couldn't have known. Unless..." Bill trailed off, his expression pensive as he pondered over the possible implications of Dobby's unexpected appearance.

"He was the one who closed the barrier?" Umbridge interjected, her tone tinged with a mix of disbelief and speculation.

Mia: [the realization comes to her] It was you. You stopped the barrier from letting Ron and me through.
Dobby: Indeed, yes.

As the realization set in, many in the room stared at the house elf in shock, contemplating the magnitude of his actions. The knowledge that Dobby had singlehandedly closed the magical barrier prompted a collective reassessment of the elf's capabilities. The feat of closing the barrier on his own underscored the immense magical prowess that Dobby possessed, leaving those present to grapple with the question of just how powerful this seemingly unassuming elf truly was.

Mia: [looks away for a second, then looks back at Dobby with anger in her eyes] You nearly got Ron and me expelled.
Dobby: At least you would be away from here. [He gets to his feet and approaches Mia] Mia Potter must go home! Dobby thought his Bludger would be enough to make Mia Potter see that--

"His Bludger?!" The exclamation burst forth from multiple voices in the room, a chorus of disbelief and outrage echoing through the air.

Sirius and Remus yelled the loudest, their voices laced with fury as they rose from their seats and fixed their gaze on the screen, their expressions reflecting a potent mix of anger and concern.