Chapter Fourteen

On a ship that is heading towards the kingdom of Casentino, Prince Darien is reading a telegram that tells:

Prince Darien of Yuiryn Empire,

We are reaching out to your ship of your initial arrival time to our kingdom. Additionally there has been recent up date about the impending war that His Mastey, King Jason, and Her Royal Highness Princess Annabelle Anna-Maria Ellis, princess of Casentino, has requested your present in the throne room at high noon upon your arrival. Please send us a telegram our your estimated distant of our kingdom. We are looking forward to your arrival.

Sincerely,

The head of the Privy Council of Casentino

After he had finished the telegram and stood up from his desk in his cabin on the ship and walked towards the window to look out the vast ocean. He is wondering if something happens while he was on his travels. His father and himself had heard the deviating news that the Gizar Empire, emperor Drogo, wanted to invade their trade partner Casentino Kingdom. His father sent him in his stead to aid any assistance they may need for this war. Then he left his cabin to go find the ship captain to see how much longer of their voyage they had left. One of the captain's men came up to the captain with the prince in tow, "Captain, His royal highness Prince Darien would like to speak with you. I will take over the helm for you." The captain nods and walks towards the prince, and bows, "Your highness, how can be of serve to you." Darien notions him to stand straight, "Captain, I would like to know the estimated arrival to the Kingdom of Casentino. I had received word that something may of happen but did not go into detail until my arrival; they would like to be inform as soon as possible." The captain nods to the prince and responses back, "Of course your highness, we should make landfall by the day after tomorrow, and I know we were supposed to arrive today, but the sea was not on our side last night with the rough seas, but this great weather will hasten us to get their by then." Darien's nods and tells him that he will sends a telegram to the castle to inform them of their arrival.

Afterwards he sent his reply to the telegram, he went below deck back to his cabin to prepare for landfall soon after tomorrow. He remembers princess Annabelle from their childhood. How beautiful she was back then, and had wondered how exquisite she had become in recent years. He had always had a crush on the princess at a young age, and hoped that their families would untie them in marriage. From his father, he had heard the princess's distain of an arrange marriages as she got older and learn of the promise that she made on her twenty-fifth birthday with her parents and their privy council about to let her find her own husband until her thirty birthday. He had asked his father to hold off any marriage proposals that were in the talks until then, but If princess Annabelle had not found her own husband, he wanted to suggest to her that they should marry to strengthen their kingdoms and empires, and got his father's approval on the matter. Prince Darien retires for the evening and hopes everything is oh okay in the King of Casentino.