~ The Forbidden Dragonet: Chapter 5 ~

Start from the beginning

"So you'll get yourselves hurt?"

"We don't know if anyone will get hurt," Tsunami told her.

Glory shook her head. "Don't bother. I'm perfectly capable of handling myself."

"Good luck saying that when you're dead!" Tsunami snapped.

"Do you really have such little faith in me?" Glory snarled, bristling.

"Enough." Hare snapped. "We don't have time to argue. We're going through with the plan."

"Hare-"

"We're doing it," Hare said, quickly silencing Glory as she tried to protest.

"Good luck," Sunny said, bounding up to Hare and placing her face against her shoulder. "Don't get caught."

"I won't," Hare promised, resting her head on top of Sunny's.

"Move quickly," Tsunami advised.

Hare nodded and pulled herself away from Sunny. The little SandWing shifted her talons nervously. Starflight stepped forward and wrapped his wing over her back to offer comfort.

"I'll be back," Hare promised them, then looked over at Glory. "Nobody's going to hurt you."

Glory sighed and gave a small nod. "Thank you."

Hare nodded back in response, then turned and hurried out of the cave. She did her best to keep herself hidden in the shadows as she rushed along the rocky walls. She kept every one of her senses alert.

I can't even begin to imagine what'll happen if I get caught.

Hare moved as quickly and quietly as she could. She made her way through the winding halls, rocks scraping beneath her talons as she ran. As she made her way further into the caves, she picked up the sound of voices.

Hvitur.

Hare picked up her pace. She slowed as she approached the entrance of a dark cave. It was a cave she spied on often when she was younger.

Hvitur's sleeping cave.

To her relief, the hole she used to hide in while she was spying was still the way she left it three years ago. She carefully pushed aside the rocks she had piled in front of it. That was the way she kept the hole hidden.

Not that it needed hiding. It apparently was unknown for two years before I showed up. I guess being extra careful never hurts though.

Hare squeezed into the hole, curling her tail in and pressing her wings close to her body. It was smaller and a much tighter fit than she remembered.

I've grown, she reminded herself.

She pushed out her talon and knocked aside some of the rocks she'd piled up, hoping it'd be enough to keep her hidden.

"We can't delay any longer." That was Hvitur's raspy snarl. "The sun will be up before we know it. We must move quickly."

We? I thought it was only Hvitur.

"Must I be the one to go?"

Hare felt a wave of horror as she recognized Webs's voice. Hvitur must've got him involved, too.

"Coward!" Dune! "You can't just hide here forever."

She almost became lightheaded once she heard Dune's voice. She could hardly believe the kind dragon who'd spent so much time with her and made sure all the dragonets were treated well was the same dragon that was clearly joining in on the plan to kill Glory.