02.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
The year is 2018 in this, by the way.

I WOKE UP LATE TODAY -- muttering a million "shit"s under my breath, I ran around the shirt, skirt, jacket, and black stockings, -- which made me fall on my back twice -- shoes and a silver necklace that has an amethyst pendant.

I didn't bother brushing my hair as I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. I ran through the empty halls and then opened my class door which shut loudly behind me making everyone look at me. My cheeks flushed, wanting the ground to swallow me because I felt so embarrassed. 

okay, next time you're late maybe don't pull the door with such force.

"Ms. Warren, you're late," my teacher said.

"I'm aware," I said, being out of breath. No shit.

"I'm letting you go as it is your first time but not again, okay? go to your seat," I thanked her and walked to my seat, moving to the other edge of the aisle because even being feet close to Pierce tortures me. 

I sat down on my chair with a sigh and drank water till it became half. Why didn't I just use the elevator? I took out my stationary and rested my head on the table. I didn't write anything. I knew I desperately needed to study and get good grades but I was just so fucking exhausted and demotivated.

Each moment spent in this school felt as if I was sacrificing my soul to an elite cult. Madeline and Lillian couldn't stop talking about whatever it is that rich people talk about and it annoyed the hell out of me, so I took out my headphones and played music loudly. 

Ariana Grande's fabulous voice played and somehow her songs always lift up my mood. Whenever I'm in my bedroom, I always dance to her songs. I love dancing and I love music, they're the best therapeutic combination for me.

I was walking to my next class when I saw Pierce with a girl. a different girl, I see. What a manwhore. I had planned to turn around and walk away unseen but I made eye contact with him.

He said something to the girl and she walked away. I clenched my jaw and walked past him as he walked closer, but he gripped my wrist. His touch made me disgusted yet needy. I didn't face him while trying to free my wrist out of his grip but it only tightened. 

"face me, ammie," he said. The nickname flared rage in me and I turned around smacking his face with my notebook and his grip leaving me. 

"don't call me that ever again," I said, harshly, I glared at his side profile before walking away.

"Have you been eating?" he asked, his voice concerned.

My grip tightened on my notebook. The rage fueling. I didn't want him to ask that question. no person like me wants to be asked that question. Someone who suffers from food. especially not when it's asked from an ex. I turned around, took a few steps closer, and smacked his face again with my notebook.

"cheater," I spat and walked away.

I served ice cream scoops to the customer, I was trembling with cold in the shop. It happens to me a lot, I'm cold when no one else is.  

"A cone with two scoops of strawberry please." a feminine voice said.

"Coming right up," I said without looking as I grabbed the cone and filled it with two scoops of strawberry ice cream. "here," I said with a smile and looked up but my smile slowly fell while the girl's smile widened.

Alexa. The girl Pierce cheated on me with.

"Amethyst right?" Alexa smiled, asking as if they didn't go to the same school.

Amethyst nodded, her jaw clenching as she looked down without tilting her head, her fingers fidgeting with each other after Alexa took the cone from her.

"It's good to see you here after so long. After I-"

"you're blocking the line, Alexa. I hope we can continue this conversation later, bye," I said, cutting her off. Alexa rolled her eyes and walked away.

Taking a break, I went into the backroom and sat down on a rack taking out my phone from the pocket of my apron. I scrolled through my search list before opening Adeline Bexeley's story. She's on a jet ski screaming while driving with one hand and recording with the other.

I raised my brows and slowly nodded, "wow," I muttered before tapping to the next one and she was sitting at the airport, her luggage in view with the caption being aeroplanes emoji. I scoffed in jealousy. One moment she's driving a jet ski and the other she's at the airport. Probably travelling again