𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

He was leaving and the next time I would see him would be in the church.
My doom.

"Don't worry, I won't." Phillip smiles slightly, "Lord Bradbury," He extends his large hand to shake my father's hands goodbye.

"Cara Mia," He smiles at me, "I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod stiffly, trying to be excited. "Goodbye."

I watch as my mother leads Phillip outside and I wrap my arm around my father's, I glare slightly at my mother as she shuts the door for Phillip.

    My mother walks back with a huge grin on her face, "How do I explain the happiness that I feel in this moment? The happiness I feel in my heart!"

     I fake a smile in her direction when my father speaks, "Are you happy?"

    I turn towards him, "Of course father, yes. Very!"

     My aunt Josephine walks towards me, "You've still got to pick out the clothes you're gonna wear for your honeymoon."

         "Can you help me?" I ask and she nods happily, we walk towards the direction of my room and as I pass my mother I can't help but glare at her.

                                 -

    I re adjusted my veil as I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair had been curled and was let loose, there was a flower crown placed on my head that the veil was attached to.

     It was the day of my wedding. I admit that I look beautiful. I was wearing my wedding dress that was long and beautiful. I had picked it out with my aunt and at the time I loved it, but now I despised it. It was only a symbol of this marriage I've been forced into.

   This was my worst nightmare and it was becoming more real by each passing second. I had no choice but to oblige at this point. My family's reputation depended on it.

    My shoulders were bare and the short sleeves lay by my upper arms, the had layers and is rather poofy. My waist looked amazing though as I was wearing a corset.

          "My gorgeous girl! You look lovely." My aunt Josephine exclaims from behind me but I dont reply. I felt like I was dying inside.

    This was it. This was my fate. My marriage to Phillip Golding.

          I felt disgusting, I had contemplated running away but I have no money, and I couldn't do that to my father.

   "I imagine you're really nervous right?" My aunt Josephine speaks again and I turn around to look at her.

"I'm scared, what I'm feeling is fear." I say in almost a whisper, my eyes almost watering. I was afraid to leave with Phillip, what will I do expect hate him?

     "I'm sure of it my dear, but I'm positive that Phillip will make you so happy. You'll see."

      I stare at her with my teary [e/c] eyes, of only she knew the type of man I was truly marrying. One who bought me.

"Your father's waiting for us, we have to get going to the church."  She says and I look down at pick up my small bouquet of flowers and I walk ahead of her, I could feel her lifting up my dress as we walk all the way out of the house to the carriage. 

     I can't help but reflect on Tewkesbury. The first time I saw him in the market, his hands touching the roses. Or when he appeared at my house and asked me to save a dance for him that night so long ago at the ball.

   When we danced and how gentle he was, that same night when we kissed and how after that we started to write letters to each other. And how after all of that, I think to when we made love to each other that day by the waterfall and river.