A tall man with his hair a bit messy comes up to me and shows me his fist in order to do a fist bump. "Dr.Reid, with a fist bump, there are a lot less chances of transferring bacteria," he says. "Well, it's good to have someone with that much knowledge." I say smiling, which causes him to smile a bit too. "Where's Garcia?" Morgan asks as he looks around the room. "Day off," Hotch says.
"So, should I start signing these?" I ask Hotch as I point to the papers that he gave me that I placed at the nearest desk, "Oh, and where is my desk? I hope I won't have to sit on the floor," I say, causing the others to laugh a bit. "No, of course it is the one next to Morgan's; Derek shows her her desk,Hotch says as he walks up to his office again. "Come on, Christi, let me show you your desk, he says, winking at me. "Are you going to continue calling me that?" I say it with a whining voice. "I think so, Christi," he says, and I groan as I sit at the chair of my desk and start signing my papers. At the same time, Morgan leaves, saying he's going to get coffee for all of us.

"Spill it," Emily says, coming up to me sitting at the edge of my desk. "Spill what, Agent Prentiss?" I say, confused, "Oh, just call me Emily, and I want to know, what did happen between you and Morgan? She says with a grinning smile, "We went to the same high school; well, I was younger, but we were in the same grade." I say, chuckling, "Younger?, oh, tell me another genius?" She says, and I laugh lightly, "I skipped a few years; I graduated high school at 16 and then chose psychology and law when I went to university, specifically Yale. After three years and two degrees, I chose to have a doctorate in murders, especially family murders. Then, at 22, I started my job as a negotiator, which led me, after 5 years, to be the chief of the negotiation team of the FBI. And now, after 2 years of being the chief of my past team, this opportunity came up," I say, and she looks blankly at me. "Oh my goodness, another Reid, JJ, we have another Reid!" She says she is shouting at JJ.
I laugh, and I put my hands on my face. Reid looks up from his book, and I look at him; he is shocked. "Such a betrayal, Em. Such a betrayal," Reid says, which causes the three of us to laugh so hard. "No, there's no one like you, Reid; don't worry," JJ says, trying to talk without laughing.

"Well, I won't consider Christi a genius; she just says things with authority, and we just believe her." Derek says while holding five cups of coffee in his two hands, "Here, let me help you. Oh, and also, whatever I'm saying is truth," I say while taking the cups off his hands and placing them at the top of my desk. "Oh, c'mon, Christina, we both know whatever you say isn't always right. For example, what are the laws of Newton?" Derek says

"Well, I will tell you. Newton's laws of motion are three laws that describe the relationship between the motion of an object and the forces acting on it. These laws, which provide the basis for Newtonian mechanics, can be paraphrased as follows: Firstly,a body remains at rest, or in motion at a constant speed in a straight line, unless acted upon by a force. The second. The net force on a body is equal to the body's acceleration multiplied by its mass, or, equivalently, the rate at which the body's momentum changes with time. And the third,If two bodies exert forces on each other, these forces have the same magnitude but opposite directions." I finish, looking with a grin at Derek. Derek looks at Reid, and he says"She is right".Derek sighs. "You can't beat my photographic memory, Morgan; accept it," I say, and he just laughs while Emily and JJ do too.

"So, are we going to get drinks tonight, you know, to celebrate the new addition?" Emily asks, "First round on me!" Rossi shouts as he gets out of his office, "Will you come with us, Christina?" Emily asks, "Well, who am I to argue?. Thank God it's Friday; otherwise, it was a raincheck," I say, causing Morgan to smile. "Always the same, Christina Louise West, a workaholic."Derek says, but as soon as I hear my middle name, I stir. "Christina West only, Derek; the Louise is gone," I say as I grab the papers that I signed and walk up the stairs to Hotch's office. Derek looks confused but doesn't get the chance to say anything because I was rushed.

"These are the papers that you asked for, sir-sorry, Hotch," I say, anxiously waiting for him to accept them and for me to leave. I had to leave. "Well, you were fast enough, agent West," he says. I love this title. Someone knocks on the door; it's Rossi. "Hey Aaron, we are going out today to celebrate the newbie. Will you cone?" David says, and I just look at him; he is the same. "Yeah, Dave, I'll be there; send me the address," Hotch says, and I leave with Rossi.

"You changed," Rossi says as he leads me to his office to talk. "People change, David, and you know that very well." I say, "Well, why did you act like you didn't know me?" He says, "You acted like that too," I say, raising my voice a bit and avoiding eye contact. "I did because you already showed me with your words that this was how you wanted me to act," he says, explaining himself. "Look, Rossi, everything that happened eleven years ago doesn't matter anymore; it's in the past." I say, ready to leave his office, "I know that kid, but you still wear your mother's silver bracelet, and you still wear it on the hand that you write and shoot with, which tells me that." He says, pointing at my left hand, "That every time, everywhere I'll go, she'll be with me and do everything with me." I say, continuing his words, "Exactly. You use your left hand more because you are a left-hander, and you choose to wear the bracelet on this hand, so for once she will be proud of you for what you're doing." Rossi says, He knows me so well. "Well, I couldn't save both of them that day, so I still hope that I will at least make her r proud.I say, trying to hold every piece of me. "C'mere kid," he says, and he hugs me. I just don't know what to say. "Thanks, Rossi, for everything. And please, I ask you to keep everything private," I say, and he tells me, "I know Bella; I'll send you the address of the bar; see you," he says, and I smile, nodding. I get out of his office, and everyone else looks like they are focused on what we are discussing, but they can't understand.

"Well, I will go back home. Does anyone need a ride?" I ask, and everyone shakes their heads. "Should I drop by your apartment to take you tonight?" Derek asks, "No, thanks, I'll go to the bar on my own." I say, holding my bag, trying not to play with my bracelet. They were profilers; they could sense if I was anxious or not. "Okay, see you, Christi," Derek says, giving me a last hug, and I wave at them as well. I leave while they all say "bye" to me.

Hi!
First chapter of this story!
I hope you like it!
Have a nice day and don't forget to like and comment, it means a lot!
Words:2176