Last Christmas

Love, with all its intricate facets, had always seemed like a convoluted maze to Kate. Complicated, confusing, and at times, elusive. That was until Yelena entered her life, and suddenly, love became the simplest and most profound thing she had ever experienced.

The birth of their love story was marked by..unusual moments - Yelena tossing her off the roof, harboring intentions to eliminate Clint, and a trail of bodies left in her wake. Yet, instead of repulsion, these actions only deepened Kate's affection. Each challenge thrown her way seemed to strengthen the bond that had taken root within her heart.

It was a particular Christmas that etched itself into Kate's memory, becoming the turning point in their relationship. Amidst the festive decorations and the warmth of holiday cheer, Kate couldn't help but feel an overwhelming certainty that Yelena was the one she would spend her life with. That would mark this year their 5th year of dating

Caught in a moment of silent admiration, Kate wrapped her arms around the shorter blonde, resting her head on Yelena's bare shoulder. Yelena, engrossed in her phone, didn't need to look up to know Kate was staring.

"You are staring, Kate Bishop," Yelena remarked without lifting her gaze, prompting Kate to playfully protest.

"It's hard not to, babe," Kate whined, earning a playful shove from Yelena.

"How many times do I have to tell you? You cannot see your Christmas gift!" Yelena scolded, lightly slapping Kate's shoulder. Kate pouted, deploying the infamous puppy dog eyes that never failed to tug at Yelena's heartstrings.

"I wasn't even looking. I just wanted cuddles," Kate defended, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Yelena frowned, fully aware of her weakness for Kate's pleading gaze. "You are always peeking. You are a peeker."

"Well, darling, 'peeker' isn't a word, and I am only a peeker for you," Kate teased, reciprocating by playfully poking Yelena's ribcage. A surprised gasp escaped Kate as Yelena retaliated, their playful banter turning into a tickle war.

"Look at that, she does laugh!" Kate exclaimed, relishing the rare sound of Yelena's giggles, like a melody breaking through the stoic facade of a cold stone killer.

The tickling continued until they found themselves pinned to the couch, caught in the moment of laughter and affectionate chaos.

"All this could have been avoided if you had just accepted to cuddle with me," Kate declared, now on top, fingers poised for another round of tickles.

Yelena huffed, shaking her head. "Kate Bishop, stop. I will cuddle with you. Please, no more."

Kate laughed, "Okay, let's go cuddle," sealing the playful skirmish with the promise of shared warmth and affection. Their love, amidst the laughter and tickles, remained the unwavering anchor in the delightful chaos of their intertwined lives.

This girl will be her wife.

***

"You bought her a ring?!" Peter's exclamation burst through the phone, his excitement unrestrained. Kate attempted to shush him, fully anticipating his excitement, yet Yelena still slept peacefully in the other room.

"It's about time, Bishop. I was about to do it myself," Mj's dry comment followed. Kate scoffed, exchanging playful banter with MJ.

"How long has it been?" MJ inquired.

Kate's smile softened as the memories of the past five years flooded her mind. "5 years," she admitted, her ears burning with a mix of nostalgia and excitement.