30: THE MORNING

Alexis doesn't seem to really notice Kita at first, walking to his closet unsteadily

Alexis doesn't seem to really notice Kita at first, walking to his closet unsteadily. It doesn't appear as though he's had a lot to drink, but he is at the very least tipsy. He begins removing his armor, which he'd evidently been wearing all night, and Kita wonders if he drank enough tonight to have an honest conversation. It may need to wait until tomorrow.

Alexis removes his armor and takes a shower, and Kita just lays in their bed and waits through it all. When Alexis comes out of the bathroom, he's only wearing a towel, and this is when he finally notices Kita. His expression immediately brightens, and he doesn't even finish whatever he'd planned on doing before—probably getting dressed. He might've forgotten Kita was back.

"Kita," is his greeting, and then he's walking towards the bed where Kita is located. Kita can't help it when his eyes widen, Alexis growing closer and closer. He did not mentally prepare himself to have this conversation when Alexis is barely dressed. The towel doesn't look particularly secure, either, which would be expected from an intoxicated person.

"How many drinks have you had?" Is how Kita replies, and Alexis frowns. He finally reaches the bed, and falls next to Kita so he's lying on his back. Alexis stares at the ceiling for a moment, before seeming to remember Kita's there. He wraps an arm around Kita's waist, and begins trying to pull him closer. His towel has ridden up, and is hanging low on his waist. Alexis doesn't appear to have even noticed.

Kita tries not to focus on that, and before he knows it he's pressed completely against Alexis' side. He does his best to maintain a bit of distance, which Alexis allows, and he holds himself up with an elbow so he can look down at the man.

Alexis' hair is wet, and so is most of his skin. He appears to have hardly dried himself, which Kita can't help but to find kind of cute. Over time he has found that drunk Alexis, generally, is cute.

"I wanted to talk to you." Kita tells him. Alexis is just looking at him, eyes kind of unfocused. Kita decides to just continue. "About going back to Vanhallam, and a bunch of other things."

Alexis frowns, and his eyes flick over to Kita's. He looks genuinely upset, and a little confused. Another upside to Alexis being intoxicated, he's a lot more expressive.

"You want to go back?"

"Evander is depriving his people of their resources," Kita tells him. "We need to go back and help them."

Alexis doesn't seem particularly thrilled about the idea of that, and it takes Kita a moment to realize why. Alexis has hated vampires his entire life, but he came to terms with Kita becoming one. However, that doesn't mean he cares about or will be accepting to any others. It's entirely possible he doesn't really give a shit about the citizens of Vanhallam.

If that were true, however, why would he let Evander live?

"Is this important to you?" Alexis asks, still staring at the ceiling. Kita thinks he knows what the guy means by that, that he will take action if Kita wants him to. However, Kita thinks that the guy should care anyway. Citizens are suffering, that's worthy of concern and action no matter who they are.