chapter 12 - bittersweet

"Ok i'm listening.." I mumbled as i waited for Colby to explain.

"Well, we've had such a fun time with you and Amy and we were wondering if you both wanted to fly back here again sometime. We can film another video or two as we know Amy is on the road of becoming an influencer."

Silence

As much as i wanted to hang out with them again i wasn't sure if it was the best idea. After the fight with Amy, Colby and I kissing and me constantly studying for psychology it wouldn't be the best thing to do. I'm sure Amy would go but i don't think i possibly could.

"Look guys, thank you for the offer but i just don't think it's a good idea. I've been so busy with my psychology study at the moment it would just be hard to find time. I'm sure Amy would love to come back again though."

It was visible that they were disappointed but they reassured that they both understood and would keep in contact to organise Amy flying back.

At The Airport

"You guys seriously don't have to come to the gate with me it's too much of a hassle." I loaded my bag onto the conveyer belt as i argued back and forth with the boys.

"Lily we are coming with you. We want to give you a proper goodbye." Sam spoke, walking ahead of us to security. One by one we stood in the x-ray and waited on the side for each other. Lastly, Colby walked through and managed to set off the alarm.

"Do you mind standing over here sir? We just need to do a pat down for safe measures." The woman directed to Colby. His cheeks flushed pink and as Sam and i quietly giggled. The guard patted him down from head to toe and Colby stood their stiff, not wanting to move a single muscle. Once he was cleared, he hung his head low and walked towards us, causing Sam and I to break out into a fit of laughter.

"Ok guys it's not that funny anymore." He said with a smile going from ear to ear.

"I'm sorry- it was just too funny...oh my god i can't breathe" I said, trying to catch my breath in between words. He shook his head as we walked over to my gate.

Time seemed so slow at airports. This was the part i hated the most about flights. We waited and waited until an announcement was made over the speakers, notifying me that it was time to leave.

It was bittersweet.

Sam embraced me in a hug, wishing me good luck and safe travels. I really liked Sam. He was such a sweet person the whole trip and never failed to make me laugh.

"Alright alright let me get a hug before she misses her flight." Colby said steeping towards us, making Sam unlink from the hug.

Colby wrapped his arms around me tightly, almost showing me how much he enjoyed this trip. I was frozen when he put his lips to my ear.

"Text me when you land, Lils"

The warm sensation of his breath sent goosebumps up me. It was the faintest whisper, yet i heard him loud and clear. It was obvious i was blushing as he pulled away, observed my face and began to smile. I playfully hit him and headed towards the line.

Turning around, i waved to the two boys, softly smiling as i walked down the path into the plane.

"6A 6A 6A" I thought to myself as i scanned each row. Bingo, window seat secured.

Back at home

Lily 🤍
Hey i've just got home. Come over?
I have a surprise.

Amy 🤍
Be there in five.

"You better tell me what this surprise is right now!" Amy yelled, barging through my front door.

"First things first, we need to talk." I slowly said.

"Hit me."

"Are we ok with everything that happened with Colby and the party..." I was afraid of how she would react. I knew how much she liked Colby and i must have hurt he really badly.

"Of course we're okay! I'm sorry for getting so mad i was just jealous. I can tell by the way he looks at you though. He really likes you." I was in total shock.

"What? No no no you've got it all wrong. That is not true." I rambled. "Keep telling yourself that Lily." Amy replied.

"I'm right you're wrong. Anyways, Sam and Colby wants to know if we want to come back sometime and film another video. I said no becau"

"WHAT? WHY WOULD YOU SAY NO?" I don't think i've ever heard her tell that loud before.

I began to explain everything about me not going because of psych but how she should still go. She was so pleased that she was still able to go.

"But wait...i don't really want to go if you aren't. Please come with me. Maybe we can go during the our next break! You won't be studying and i can get leave at work. It's the perfect time."

"I'll think about it Amy.."

1+ New Message

Colbs 🖤
Hey Lils, have you made it home? Hope your flight was okay. I'd love to film with you again but i get it if you really can't.

Lils 🖤
I got home around 30 mins ago. Sorry forgot to text you. I might just be able to film with you again. I'll explain in the morning if need to go to sleep.

Colbs 🖤
sounds like a plan. goodnight lils 🖤

Lils🖤 has liked a message