CH. 9 LONELY HEARTS

Start from the beginning

London, 1:00am
Haerin's Point Of View

The night was filled with loud music that we swayed our bodies to, the continuous shots of tequila, and the laughter that filled our little world. I finally understand why my brother and Eunchae loved to go out and have fun.

"We burned too bright now the fire's gone! Watch it all fall down, Babylon!" It was our new favorite song, 5 seconds of summer- Babylon. We sang to our hearts content, in a coma of happiness. Even with the amount of people that could easily suffocate us, we continued to party.
"She parties hard, I love it! Take another shot!" Eugene offered me another drink that I happily drank.
"Rin is a boss at this! I'm loving our energy tonight ladies!" Veronica, our resident party girl shouted with so much excitement.
"I might pass out if you give me another drink" Veronica and I were laughing together, swaying our bodies to the rhythm of the music, letting the alcohol take over.

As the night progressed, we finally felt the effects of the alcohol and the tiredness from the day we had.
"I called my brother to pick us up!" Cherry shouted through the loud music.

ADOR City, Thursday
Hanni's Point Of View

The air condition buzzed as it continues to provide cold air inside my room, the noise from the street, although muffled by my window, could still be heard, and my phone that chimes with every message I received, most of it was from my best friend. Sleep eludes me, to which the cause of it was the thoughts of Haerin that laid inside the back of my head.

I sighed for the umpteenth time, throwing my pillow at the floor out of frustration. Trying to distract myself from the thought of her seemed like an impossible mission, I'm at that extent where I have to drown myself in work, extracurricular activities, and even additional scriptwriting. It was no easy feat, I'm holding onto the fact that there's a chance she'll come back, here with me.

HUHUHUH Yunjin

Thursday, 11:00pm

If you don't send me even just a 'Hi', I will bulldoze your apartment building.

Read

11:30pm

Pham Hanni! That's it! I am marching over there!

Read

It was almost midnight, knowing my best friend, she was bluffing to get me to send her a message. To which I only scoffed at and rolled my eyes.

Until I heard a knock on my bedroom door, it's when I saw Yunjin in the living room holding a bag of snacks, looking at Minji in fury, probably remembering my stories about my ex-girlfriend, Danielle returning in between them, readying herself for a possible collision.

"Huh Yunjin, inside here now!" I shouted and motioned for her to come in. To which she gladly obeyed, but not without rolling her eyes at Minji.
"What the hell are you doing here!" I slammed my door shut. She settled her snacks on my study table.
"I told you I'd march in here, I didn't expect your bitch of an ex-girlfriend would be here." When Yunjin found out about my past with Minji, which I tried my best to hide from her, she was angry, she's always been known to overreact on things.
"It's been years Yunjin, you're acting like you're the one who dated her." I plopped down on my bed, looking at her tiredly.

"Well she's awful, She dated you because she 'accidentally' confessed her 'interest' of you In front of her best friend, and pretended to love you while she's eye fucking your best friend, AND then actually did. Had no choice to pretend more in front of her best friend, almost got you killed by her father because he doesn't approve of such a girl, and then left you into thin air because she FINALLY got the girl of her dreams." She was panting from basically rapping my love story with Minji, which I could only scoff at, in hindsight, my entire story with Minji was awful to say the least but we were young, I was naive and thought I could lose a girlfriend but not a friend like Danielle or Minji herself.
"Jeez, It's not a pressing matter anymore, at least not to me. Danielle and Minji hadn't talked about it much or at all."
"Interesting...." She was looking at me with curiosity and suddenly spreading all the variety of snacks on my bed, eager to listen.
"Do tell." She urged me to tell her. I sighed, sat up, and took a bag of chips.

Hanni's Apartment, 2.8 years ago
Narrator's Point Of View

"Danielle?." A slightly tall Australian girl stood in front of Hanni's Apartment door, with a messy hair and puffy eyes.
"Haerin and I broke up, I know we haven't been talking like we used to. But I don't have anyone else, Minji's away for the day." Hanni's response surprised Danielle, a tight hug, Danielle was confused but accepted it.
"I still hate you but you are my best friend."

As the weeks passed, the two best friends reconciled as if nothing happened, Minji's presence on the other hand strained their friendship.

"We hadn't talked about it, Minji constantly avoids the topic." Danielle sighs, tired of running after her girlfriend.
"You can't really force her to talk, she's still my girlfriend and she kinda had sex with her best friend's girlfriend." Hanni states with so much attitude, bitterness soaked her tone.
"Thanks for the attitude but the only reason you kept dating her was because of Haerin, and now that she knows you can finally end things."
"Well thank God for that, I'm tired of being a shield to you people." Hanni's situation was too much for her to bear.

Hanni's Point Of View

"I don't know why I expected like a massive cat fight with hair pulling and bitch talking." Yunjin sighs, visibly disappointed.
"I don't know what you think happened but it's more anticlimactic, Danielle wanted Haerin and Minji, I was in love with Minji and was her girlfriend, but to my surprise Minji was in love with Dani, so I'm the thorn on their side. The nobody in their story."
"Well you're the flower in my story, I still hate them" Yunjin hugged me. This is exactly what I needed.

London, 3:00am
Narrator's Point Of View

Haerin fumbles her way to turn on the lights intoxicated and sleepy, as soon as the lights opened she hurriedly crashed her body on her soft queen sized mattress.

"Atleast wash your face, brush your teeth, and change." She sat up hearing her brother's voice, almost falling down the edge of the bed.
"I will, gimme 5 mins because my world is spinning."
"I can't believe my sister is a party girl now."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Note: it's getting confusing, even for me. Might reconsider continuing this story.... Hope y'all still like it.