Chapter 19: A generic student character.

Depuis le début

Why am I doing this to myself in the first place you may ask?

I have already told you the reason.

Last night, I thought of ways on how to improve my acting as a normal student, all because of how Student Council President Shiori-senpai was able to see through my facade.

While surfing through the internet, I just happened to come across an article named generic main characters in a high school setting on google.

"This is exactly what I want!" I thought. And there, I referenced how I should act today as a generic student character.

I already achieved one of them which is being seated next to a window.

Looking at the images the site provided, they always seemed to show the generic student characters staring off to space, listlessly looking outside the window, so I'm trying to imitate just that.

The third teacher for the morning classes walked in. He wasn't one of the teachers yesterday so... When he looked towards the back.

"Are you the new transfer student?" the teacher asked while looking directly at me.

"Ah, y, yes. M-my name is Mocha Tsukiyo, Sir." Mocha-san replied to the question.

'He was asking me, right? As far as I know, I'm the only transfer in this class ...but why does he seem like he's looking at Yukiya-kun?'

Just as Mocha-san was thinking. The question seemed to be directly asked towards me.

"There's two...?"

The teacher was then confused, seeing two unfamiliar faces participating in his class. Until someone clarified,

"Sir, that's Saito-kun"

"Saito...? Wait, Yukiya-kun...!?

He was surprised by hearing the truth about who I am, just like the ones yesterday.

"I see, you are Yukiya Saito-kun, huh..."

The teacher took some time to process the news before accepting the fact that I really am Yukiya Saito, that same student he had been teaching for these past four months of school.

"So Mocha Tsukiy-san, your the new transfer student, right? I hope you enjoy it here."

"Y, Yes! I, I'll do my best...!"

"Good to hear."

Now that everything was cleared up, class continued. I also continued my listlessly looking outside the window pose.

The next teacher arrived. She is also one of the teachers who met me yesterday, and also the last teacher teaching for this morning.

It has been more than three hours since I decided to stare off blankly into space, listlessly looking outside the window.

It might look pointless, but I'm doing this with a purpose.

"Can anyone tell me the major events that happened in the Kamakura period?"

No one replied so the teacher looked for someone to answer.

"Yukiya Saito. Do you know the answer?"

I was chosen. [Too eye catching]

"Um, yes. Uhm... On 1185 the rival Taira clan is defeated at sea at the Battle of Dan-no-ura by Yoritomo's brother Minamoto no Yoshitsune. 1192 The Emperor Go-Toba appoints Yoritomo as shōgun (military leader) with a residence in Kamakura, establishing the bakufu system of government. 1199: Minamoto no Yoritomo dies."

A/N: I just randomly got this from google.

"E-Excellent, you can take your seat now."

"How did he?! ...We still haven't gotten to that part of the lesson yet!"

Not knowing my answer was more than needed, I sat down confidently and continued on listlessly looking outside the window.

'Could he actually be a really smart delinquent...?'

Mocha-san assumes. Meanwhile on my mind,

'Nailed it. This is my shadow hero characteristic, combining with the generic student character.'

I call this the "He doesn't look like he's paying attention, but secretly knows the answer!" a.k.a. "The hidden smart character." Kukuku...

[Hidden strong character > Hidden smart character.]

This was my goal all this time. What makes the shadow heroes great is their unpredictability.

By acting like I'm not paying any attention, but actually is. I faked being clueless but actually knows everything, just like a shadow hero does.

Classes ended for the morning, ending with Mocha-san more confused by my character.