Chapter 2 - First day

Start from the beginning

He quickly got flustered, "Oh-" He realized he was still in his pajamas -which consisted of well... just pants- then smiled awkwardly. He let go of her hand and very quickly went to his room to put on proper clothes, and not just some pajamas. He tied up his hair then returned to the knight who was standing outside his door.

During that time Zelda took her chance to turn the study back to its regular organized chaos, then followed his lead and stood outside the door waiting for his return. She stood there and thought to herself.
Well that was embarrassing, first I read his diary and then knock everything over? That's one way to get fired. For Hylia's sake I woke the poor boy up! Her thoughts slowly faded away until the Prince came out of his room, fully dressed this time.

He turned to her and nodded his head for her to follow him, and so she did. The two went about the castle grounds, Zelda not entirely sure where she was going, but Link seemed to be happy with just wandering about. At least that's what it seemed like he was doing.

However, the boy was actually planning to start his studies and research some old Sheikah technology. So to him his path actually made sense. But for Zelda, the ways of the castle were new and would definitely take a bit to get used to. It wasn't until a minute more of walking did she realize that he was heading out to the courtyard; where the rest of the Sheikah technologists and research teams were.

Link went straight to work investigating and such, he looked like a natural, almost as if he was born to be a scientist. As he continued to look around and research with the rest of the team, he came across a guardian, which was fortunately unaffected by the calamity thus far, and began playing around with it. His mind was so active and quickly running from thought to thought while Zelda's brain just drifted along, mindlessly watching and following the prince.

She found herself thinking about what was in the diary, as well as what the master sword had been telling her. First off, reading a single page of the blue-clad researcher had given some interesting insight to his life. Apparently he rarely speaks, and simply because he's overwhelmed by his burden put on him to seal the calamity. So instead of breaking down he just sits there and acts completely fine. Zelda began to wonder what else was in the boy's diary, maybe some information on his home life. Another thought came to her mind, specifically about what the sword had been saying to her. Stuff about the calamity and how she is fulfilling her duty and the prophecies, so she felt good about that.

During the intense research session, Link had found a few important things to take note of. Another thing to note is how it was already noon, three hours goes by fast when studying. With that, the royal and loyal knight made their way to the dining room for some lunch; at least Link did, as a knight -even an appointed one- would never dare to sit and eat with the royal family.

When the pair arrived at the hall, the king was still absent. So Link sat down with his knight standing a couple of steps behind his chair. After a minute or two, the king finally came and he sat down, and almost immediately the food was served. King Rhoam started to speak and looked Link straight in the eyes, to which he responded by looking down at his plate.

"So, Link, what have you done this morning?" He asked.

In reply Link took an ancient screw out of his pocket and slid it on the table to look at it, he smiled and was proud of it. Yet with a sigh of disappointment the king picked it up while rotating it to get a good view of this strange Sheikah technology. He placed it down and didn't even bother to pass it back to his son.

"Link... Don't tell me you've been out with the research teams again?" Rhaom asked, Link replied with a nod . "I have strictly told you to not study such useless engineering, focus on your prayers, and on the goddess, and for Hylia's sake focus on the entirety of Hyrule!" He finished loudly.