S1; CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Start from the beginning

"Oh, yeah, I remember that," Mabel snickered at the memory, "You didn't talk to each other for two days, I had to lock you guys in the AV room until you made up, which was really hard to do because I had to steal Mr Clarke's keys from his desk drawer during lunch break and put them back before he noticed they were missing."

"Exactly, I don't think May wants to do that again, so we stick together, no matter what!" Dustin pointedly exclaimed as he darted his eyes between Mike and Lucas.

"Yeah, I agree" Lucas scoffed. "But this is the party, right here in this room."

"El's one of us now." Mike persisted.

"Um, no, she's not. Not even close!" Lucas shouted, his frustration only growing at Mike's naïveté. "Never will be! She's a liar, a traitor-"

"She was just trying to keep us safe!" Mike yelled, cutting off Lucas mid-rant. "She didn't mean to hurt you! It was an accident!"

"An accident?" Lucas rephrased.

"Oh, here we go again." Mabel annoyedly threw her hands up as she just turned around to walk a few steps away from the group.

"Alright, accident or not, admit it, it was a little awesome." Dustin happily widened his eyes briefly.

"Awesome?!" Lucas narrowed his eyes disbelievingly.

"Yeah, she threw you in the air with her mind!" Dustin emphasised the impressiveness of Eleven's powers as he threw his hands up to the sides.

"It was pretty awesome." Mabel chimed in, viewing Eleven's powers as the most cool thing she had ever witnessed, as she rejoined the group.

"I could have been killed!" Lucas swiftly ignored Mabel's statement as he glared at Dustin.

"Which is exactly why we need her," Mike pointed out, "She's a weapon!"

"Uh, she's also a girl that just happens to have super cool powers, so..." Mabel let out a matter-of-fact scoff, "Not just a weapon."

"Do you seriously wanna fight the Demogorgon with your wrist rocket?!" Mike continued his argument as he kept his words directed at Lucas. "That's like R2-D2 going to fight Darth Vader! We're no use to Will if we're dead!"

Lucas just angrily huffed out a breath as he gestured to the trio in front of him, "If you three wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, 'cause I'm not spending my time on her anymore. No way! I'm going to the gate. I'm gonna find Will."

And with that, Lucas just shoved past Mike and Dustin, successfully rendering the three speechless as they shared bewildered looks.

"This is weird without Lucas." Dustin let out a discontent sigh as himself, Mabel and Mike casually rode their bikes along the spacious main road.

"He should've shaken my hand." Mike provided an obvious solution.

"Well, yeah." Mabel managed to slightly shrug as she kept riding her bike, gaze remaining steadily ahead of her.